Chapter 15

CLARY'S POV

We had missed lunch with the other tributes as Jace had bought me lots of mangoes to eat and I was stuffed. He is so cute! We'd tried to avoid the topic of The Games as much as possible, but it kept cropping up.

Jace was still insistent that he ought to protect me but too many people had already died for my sake and I would not let Jace do the same, especially now we were engaged. Argh! I'm so excited! Even though we probably will not get a wedding, at least we know that we belong to each other. I gazed at Jace's beautiful face and took in its perfection; the angled cheekbones I had come to love, the slight curve of his mouth at the edge of his mouth and his slender fingers which clasped my hand so tenderly, to remind me that I had someone I could trust.

We were walking down the stairs together while I carried Max in my arms. This time we were going down slowly, because we wanted to make our time together last as long as we could.

"Clary, you're beautiful you know," smiled Jace, drawing me close to him.

Before I could respond, I heard a chirpy voice.

"Hey Clary!" said Anna, smiling at me. "Where were you at lunchtime?"

I smiled back and replied, "I was eating mangoes with Jace."

She gave Jace a confused look and gasped when she saw Max in my arms.

"OMG!" she exclaimed, her eyes shining. "You've got a puppy!"

Jace rolled his eyes at her excitement and muttered, "No, it's a caterpillar."

But I laughed.

"Yeah, he's called Max," I explained. "Jace gave him to me."

"Please please please can I show him to Elsa?" asked Anna. "I will be very careful."

Jace and I exchanged a look.

"Actually," Jace asked slowly. "Would you mind keeping him for tonight?"

"Sure!" replied Anna excitedly, grabbing the puppy and bouncing off before I could say anything.

"Oh and Anna!" yelled Jace after her retreating red head.

"Yes?" she called over her shoulder.

"Do you wanna be allies?" he asked.

She turned around and walked back towards us inquisitively.

"Of course!" she squealed and then hesitated. "Only if Elsa...."

"Yes, of course Elsa will be an ally too," I assured, giving her a small nod.

"Okay!" she agreed, and skipped off towards her room with Max cuddled into her arms.

"How come you asked her that?" I asked curiously, glancing at Jace sideways.

He shrugged. "You got a problem?"

Then, realising that sounded rude, he added, "It's just that I think she's quite cute."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Not in that way Fray," he sighed, laughing and pulling me into my room.

I locked the door just in case Sebastian decided to invade. Again.

"Clary, you tired?" whispered Jace, pulling me into his arms.

"Yeah, I am," I replied, kissing him softly on his lips.

"Come on then," he said pulling me down into bed.

We started kissing, getting more passionate and aggressive but before things went too far, he murmured softly into my ear,

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

My heart leapt with fear and desire.

"Yes, I'm sure," I replied.

*****

This was the most awkward scene we wrote.

We wrote this on the grass while trying to keep our voices down at school.

Anyway, we are not going into so much detail bc young readers & we do not write smut & besides... Eww.

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! :)

highschooltributes