Chapter 9

Firstly, thank you for 100+ reads!

CLARY'S POV

When I woke up, I found that Jace was gazing at me. Hastily, I sat up and quickly kissed him on the cheek. He kissed me back, but lingeringly. Neither of us had said anything, and we had nothing to say either. At that point I closed my eyes as I was still incredibly sleepy.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked Jace finally, thinking that he might be trying to get me to speak.

"No, not really. But every time I woke up and saw you were okay I could go to sleep again." he said before kissing me again.

"What about you Clary?" he asked, giving me a crooked smile.

"Yeah actually, I dreamt that Magnus turned Sebastian into a chicken," I said smiling and Jace started laughing.

Then he hopped out of bed.

"I'm going back to my room to have a shower and get changed, we're meeting our stylists today," he reminded me.

I sat upright. "Oh yeahhh," I said thoughtfully and stumbled out of my bed and tripped over the duvet. Jace gave a small laugh at my clumsiness and left the room. I grabbed my towel and headed into the ensuite bathroom which had its own shower! I left the bedroom door unlocked, but shut in case Jace decided to come back, and stepped into the shower.

I looked around in amazement at the so many different functions of this one shower. Oh my god, did you really need so many different options just for a shower? For people who were about to die, the Capitol sure provided us with great, luxurious facilities. I would never be able to understand them so I just clicked on the "normal" shower option. Which was actually body wash, shampoo, conditioner and was all automatically sprayed onto the parts of my body before I was hit with a blast of water and completely blow-dried before being sprayed with moisturiser. It was definitely not a "normal" shower and it only took 5 minutes.

When I stepped out of the shower I wrapped my towel around me and shivered, out of habit. Suddenly, I heard my bedroom door open. 'Jace,' I thought immediately. 'God, what a time to walk in...'

I cringed and pressed myself against the wall by the bathroom in horror. So what if he was my boyfriend? I didn't want to expose myself to him like this... I clutched the towel tighter around myself and said as casually as I could, "Erm, Jace, I happen to be getting changed.. Please could you leave the room?"

He didn't reply. "Jace," I repeated, more loudly and urgently. "Please could you-"

I heard the footsteps approaching the door, closer and closer and suddenly the door was flung open.

There stood Sebastian.

"Perv," I hissed through gritted teeth, backing up against the wall before I started yelling. "WHY CAN YOU NOT JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!"

"Aren't you glad to see me, little sis?" he asked, moving closer to me. He slid his hands over my shoulders as he leaned down towards my ear, his heavy breath tickling me and his lips rough. I tensed.

"Don't you love me, Clary? We are brother and sister," he murmured. "You can trust me."

While he was busy staring at me, I grabbed the shower from behind me (still holding one hand on my towel) and sprayed it all over his wretched face. Jets of hot water shot out and sprayed him everywhere. I was furious with him. He deserved nothing less. "Get LOST!" I yelled, for extra measure.

Sebastian stumbled backwards, spluttering and coughing water. It was streaming down his face and it had made his hair limp so that it clung to his head. I held back a hysterical laugh; I don't think I would ever see Sebastian look a vulnerable as he looked right now, like he had been pushed into a swimming pool. He started to storm away, but stopped when he reached the door and turned around.

"I can do anything to Jace quicker than you can say stop, just remember," he snarled threateningly. "I will get you one day, my baby doll."

And with that, he slammed the door shut behind him.

******

Hope that was okay. Had to rewrite that chapter because it somehow managed to delete itself. :/

Don't forget to tap that vote button at the top of the screen if you enjoyed it! ;)

Thanks for reading!

highschooltributes