Chapter 32

LUKE'S POV

I woke up at 3:00 am, which for me is crazy as I normally sleep until at least 3:00 pm on any normal day.

It's not like I had to get up early for the parade and I stayed up chatting with the gang till 11:00 pm last night so I rely should be tired. Maybe I was nervous, I dunno.

Briefly, I wonder what the other boys are up to. Had they fallen asleep or were they still awake? It was a shock for us when Calum got reaped into the Games but we have to stick together, we had promised each other so it was only fair for us to volunteer. And besides, we had to keep a bold face for the fans.I wonder whether I should go and check if they're asleep but decide against it: there were only three hours till we woke up anyway and they needed sleep.

I sighed and sat up, knowing that I wouldn't be able to go to sleep again. I was feeling a little peckish so I decide to go down to the common room and get something to eat. Maybe watch TV? I don't know, I've never experienced this feeling before.

Quietly, I slip out of bed and shut my bedroom door silently behind him. I tread down the corridor in my pyjamas, trying not to disturb anybody. Luckily, the stairs were carpeted so I managed to walk down them without making them creak.

I was only trying to be quiet because I'm pretty sure that we weren't allowed to sneak outside of our bedroom past hours. President Everdeen and her stupid rules.

I opened the common room door and stepped through to the fridge, swinging the door open. My gaze drifted over all the lavish luxuries of the Capitol: carefully cubed mature cheese, strawberries and blueberries mixed extravagantly into a salad... I wasn't in the mood. Ashton, Calum, Mike and I already got a lot of luxury back in District 14.

I grab an apple and head over to the sofa to stop dead in my tracks. There was somebody sitting there. A someone with brown hair and wires snaking down her nostrils.

She looked up nervously. "Hey," she said awkwardly, shifting over to the side of the sofa to make room for me. I sink down beside her.

I had no idea who she was but it would seem rude to ignore her. "How come you're here at this time?"

She shrugged and turned away from me. "Couldn't sleep," she mumbled.

"Same," I echoed and glanced curiously at her. "Are you worried about the Tribute Parade?"

"Well yeah! You don't have to since everybody loves you guys!" she burst out.

I looked at her in surprise and she sighed. "Sorry," she said quietly. "I'm just nervous."

"Yeah," I replied.

Just at that moment, Olivia

my stylist (well the whole of 5SOS' as the Capitol decided to count us as one person so that they would not have to hire more people) rushed in the room dragging the rest of the boys behind her. Calum looked very grumpy while Mike looked half-asleep. However, I was surprised to see that Ashton looked wide awake. I guess he hadn't slept.

"Come, come, come, we don't have long and I need to fix you all in a limited time! Other stylists only have to do one person," she said, starting to play with Ashton's hair.

She pulls out 4 hideous sparkly suits, all matching apart from the ties that are all a different colour. They're ties that definitely DO NOT go with the suits. To be totally honest NOTHING would go well with the suits. Ewwww. There was no way I was wearing that.

It looked like the rest of 5sos had the same idea as suddenly Ashton sneaks behind Olivia and Calum pushed her backwards so she falls over him. Then Michael grabbed her arms while I grab her feet and we picked her up. I shot Mike a cheeky look as we lock her into the spare bedroom at the end of the corridor.

"Well, that brought back old memories," said Calum, yawning, obviously remembering the time when we locked my cousin in the cupboard exactly like we did this time.

We all laughed and Hazel just gave us a look as if to say, "Huh?"

I had completely forgotten she was here! She must think I'm such an idiot... I mentally face-palm myself.

I must have looked at Hazel a little too long as all my friends suddenly smirk and said at the same time, "Bro AHO" Meaning ask her out. Sheesh. We've only just met.

"What no... you must have the wrong idea?" I shouted but it obviously didn't convince them. They were probably wondering what we were doing past midnight. I cringed inwardly.

We all shared this embarrassed look before they suddenly started asking her questions. She looked taken aback. My mates are so awkward, she must now know I like her because they said that...

Please let me go curl up in bed and hide...

*********

Hi guys, it's Bryony, the new member of the highschooltributes ! I am joining them to help them write their new book (not yet published). Just letting you know

Remember to vote and comment! :)

x.