Chapter 41

CLARY'S POV

I left a few moments after Sebastian did, still shocked from his harsh words which for some reason I couldn't get out of my head.

You belong to me!

I ran into the ladies toilets unable to hold in tears. Urgh. Why does he make me feel so scared?

I should just ignore him, shouldn't I?

It's stupid!

There's no truth behind his words.

He's a liar.

Urgh, this thought is going around in

circles. I splashed cool water onto my face, hopelessly trying to wipe the fear from my face. Yeah, that didn't work.

I sank to my knees, sobbing violently, before a small creak caused me to look up. I wiped my eyes even though I knew whoever was here must have already seen them. This Tribute Parade was going very so far (!)

"Oh hi, Hazel," I said as she walked over to me and enveloped me in a hug.

"Don't you think on it, girl, whatever he's done."

I laughed shakily and looked in the mirror at the carefully done make-up... now so ruined. My hair had come loose thanks to Sebastian and there was a dull throbbing in my arm where he had gripped me.

"How did you know it was Sebastian?"

"Come on, I know he's the only one that can make you cry," she said, seriously but joking at the same time.

"I saw you leaving with Luke. You like him, don't you?" I teased, nudging her.

She shuffled uncomfortably, "Stop trying to change the topic."

"Ditto," I said as we stared each other down before bursting into laughter.

"Oh come on he's cute..." Hazel said eventually.

"Yeah he is!" I replied. Before adding, "But not cuter than Jace." We laughed again.

"I heard that!" said a voice from out side the door. Jace. I wiped the tears from my eyes and walked out of the bathroom, my arm linked with Hazel's, trying to hide that I had been crying.

"I don't like that you think that Luke guy is cute Clary!" Jace said in a taunting, patronising voice. But when he saw my face he turned white.

"Have you been crying?" he asked worriedly, "are you okay, what happened?" He bombarded me with questions but I didn't want to think about Sebastian right now so I just said, "I'm fine."

He seemed to get the hint and dropped the subject.

"I've got to go," Hazel said, looking from me to Jace and running off before I could reply.

"Why were you crying Clary?" Jace asked again.

"I don't want to talk about it," I replied, turning away. Jace frowned but nodded.

"Come on, let's go back to our room. I want to see if we can teach Max some tricks," Jace stated excitedly.

"What tricks are we going to teach him?" I asked intrigued.

"Oh you know, roll over, high five, play dead and possibly how to kill demon," Jace said smiling.

"You can't teach a puppy how to kill a demon Jace," I contradicted, appalled.

"I can try,"

"Yup, you sure can," I mumbled. He smiled at me as we continued walking back to my room.

Jace stayed silent, seemingly deep in thought while we were walking back.

I sighed. I knew exactly what he was wondering. He smiled at me and slipped his warm, reassuring hand in mine.

"I might as well tell you Jace," I started before he interruptes.

"You don't have to if you don't want to! "

"I want to. Otherwise it will keep nagging at the back of my mind."

"Fair enough," he answered.

"Just... Please don't get angry, " I said, sighing again.

He raised an eyebrow. "Why would I get angry? Tell me already, you're making me nervous."

"It was Sebastian," I said quietly.

He tensed. "What did he do?"

"He... touched me and-"

"He did not," Jace growled. "He had the nerve- Again!"

"Jace, calm down. It's okay... I'm okay. That is all that matters."

"No, it isn't," Jace replied in frustration, shutting my bedroom door behind us. "He can't think that he can get away with this. He has no right whatsoever."

I sat down on the bed next to him and he grasped my hand between both of his

"What else?" he asked.

He said that I belong to him.
He said that I was his, solely his, I always was and that I always would be.
He said he would do whatever it took to get rid of you just so that he could have "full ownership" of me.

I didn't want to ruin the mood further so I just shook my head.

"No," I said, plastering a smile on my face.

His expression relaxed and he squeezed my hand gently.

"I love you Clary," he said quietly.

"I love you too."

*************************************

Awwwww. That ending was so cheesy ew.
So Anya wrote pretty much the whole chapter (yeah, except the end) so Holly takes no credit. :P

WOWOWOW.

38K? How on earth did we end up here?

Thank you for reading. Remember to vote and comment, we love you ! :)

(I appreciate this is a v short chapter but hopefully will be updating soon)

BYEEEE.

@Srirasana is not finding out Holly's number until she finds out Patrick's Instagram mwahahahahaha