Chapter 27

CLARY'S POV

I entered the training room, conscious of the Gamemakers seated on the top left side. I recognised only a few: Marcus Eaton, the Inquisitor and President Everdeen. What was she doing here? Oh yeah. It's her stupid Games, how could she miss out?

"Begin," commanded Marcus, gesturing towards the equipment along the side of the room.

There were weapons: swords, axes, maces, bows and arrows, seraph blades and various other things. There were also dummies lined up against a row, for practicing your shooting skills and the ropes to practise making nooses for hanging.

What should I do?

I glanced around, tucking a strand of stray hair behind my ear and gulped.

What was I good at?

I was okay with seraph blades... But my true talent was in art. Painting was my life. I headed over to the Camouflage Section and grabbed a paint palette and a selection of paintbrushes.

Unconscious of what I was doing, I dipped the paintbrush in black paint and started painting hair onto the dummy, followed by dark eyes and eyelashes. I could hear the Gamemakers muttering and laughing behind me, wondering what I was doing.

I defined the high cheekbones, the curved mouth and pale face. I painted the thin lips which were twisted into a cruel smirk.

I was done.

I turned around with a flourish, and looked at the Gamemakers expectantly. They were laughing. Marcus seemed to be having a hysterical fit while the Inquisitor was trying to restrain her laughter.

"If that's all," President Everdeen said smugly, looking at me pitifully. "You-"

"It's not," I interrupted, throwing her a dirty look while chucking my paintbrushes to the side.

I walked over slowly to the weapons section and picked up a seraph blade. The Gamemakers had become silent now and I felt a small bit of satisfaction.

Standing where I was, 20 metres away from the dummy, I swung my hand back and threw the seraph blade sideways like a frisbee, whispering "Ithuriel."

Much to my relief, it sliced the head cleanly of my model of Sebastian and it fell with a thump onto the wooden floor of the training room, making a loud noise. Powered by a sudden rage at the whole unfair system of the Capitol, I poured a whole bottle of red paint over Sebastian's face, watching in contempt as it drizzled down the sides of his cheeks. If only I had the guts to do this in real life.

Then finally, I stabbed my paintbrush into his eyeball with as much energy as I could, and gave his separated body a kick for extra measure.

"Fuck The Capitol," I said angrily, slamming the door after me while they watched my leave in confusion.

For a while, I stood outside, breathing heavily. What had I done? Why had I done this? It was an impulse, it was sudden. I don't know why had got into me. I would probably get a really bad score. I tried to shrug it off but it wouldn't work, so I went to find Jace.

When I stepped into the common room, I saw a dark-haired somebody pushing somebody against the wall. Feeling nosy, I made my way over to the couple at the back of the room, next to the sofa.

It was Bella. Bella Swann. She had her lips pressed against his lips. It seemed as if they were glued to each other's mouth. Her dark hair was covering his slender shoulders and her arms were wrapped around him.

It was Jace. JACE. JACE! My Jace! MY JACE!

"JACE WHAT THE ACTUAL-?" I yelled angrily. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Bella swung around, her eyeliner rimmed eyes widening in surprise.

Behind her was a weak looking Jace, and he raised his hands to protest, rubbing his neck. He looked in pain.

But I wasn't going to hear his pathetic excuses. We're engaged, for goodness sake! He was cheating on me! For how long, I wonder? And Bella. What a slutty vampire.

Without a word, I stormed out of the room before either of them could say anything.

*********

PLOT TWIST.

Clary's rather moody nowadays....

Okay. Vote, comment, add to your library. :D

Thank you!

highschooltributes