Chapter 50

Clary's POV

Day One

We trekked through the forest until we came to the tiniest of streams.

Jace smiled triumphantly.

"You knew that was here, didn't you?" Tris said with a small smile.

"Uhuh," he nodded, grinning. "I once killed a demon not far from here."

"You're so smug," I smiled sweetly, nudging him.

"I know," Jace smirked.

Hermione hustled around, attempting to get the four of us in order and shouting instructions.

"Why don't you just go and read a book?" Jace suggested. He was obviously getting annoyed at being told what to do by a girl.

"I would, but I clearly don't have one with me, do I?" she pointed out, her hands on her hips. "So I have to deal with your unhelpful company."

Jace stormed off to a few metres away, whilst Clary and Tris broke into peals of laughter. I couldn't help smiling myself.

Hermione proceeded to look for an area suitable for us to stay the night. Nothing permanent, as we had all agreed that it would be best to keep moving so that we wouldn't get found.

Hermione was struggling to pull up a large shrub which was inconveniently in the way of where we had decided to sleep, so I went to go and help. We heaved, but it barely budged. We couldn't do it without the fearsome mixture of Jace's muscles and his stamina rune.

As I called Jace over, Hermione swallowed her pride and asked him to help.

He pulled up the plant with ease, smirking sideways at Hermione before remarking, "Am I still unhelpful company?"

"Stop being so impertinent." She shot him a glare, before turning away to carry on with the organisation in the camp.

Tris and I looked at each other, then, grinning, we turned to go and help.

Tris pulled the tent from the pack we had collected from the cornucopia, and we all proceeded to start putting it up.

"This'll never be big enough to fit all of us," I said, worried.

Hermione pulled out her wand that was concealed in her sleeve and, waving it, muttered engorgio. The tent swelled and enlarged in size. As we walked in, we discovered it was fully furnished, with a table and chairs, beds, and a blazing fire in the middle.

"Whoa.." said Jace, slightly shocked.

"Can you do better than this?" asked Hermione.

He paused for a moment, before saying, "maybe not, but I know what I can do."

He walked outside and from the inside it looked like he was just poking the outside of the tent. We looked at each other, slightly bemuddled.

He walked back in, stele in hand.

"I glamoured it," he informed us, shooting Hermione another smug look. I looked at him knowingly.

It was definitely a good idea, because the glamour meant we couldn't be seen by anyone without The Sight. No-one in this arena had the sight apart from Sebastian. He was our only threat. Albeit a major one.

We decided to settle down to bed, as it was well into dusk. Before climbing into bed, Hermione cast another spell.

"Detecto Funfo," she said with a flick of her wrist.

That spell would alert her if anyone came within five metres of her. That way, nobody had to stay up as a lookout.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I heard the boom of a cannon. I immediately sat bolt upright in bed, ready to jump out in a millisecond if necessary. We all were listening out for the slightest sound, but nothing else came.

"I'm not detecting anything," Hermione reassured us.

"I wonder who that was," Jace  puzzled.

"Never mind," replied Tris. "We need our rest."

- - - - - - -

hello!!

50th chapter woohoo! (finally we're properly into the games!)

it's very hot in England ans Brittany insists on hiding underneath her blazer and is ssinging a really weird song called Albatraoz and Anya and Bryony and her have been singing it all week and it's so annoying

Bryony says that you should YouTube it but it has the f word in it and the b word and yeah so proceed with caution

it is very hot and I'm sweating and it's disgusting yeah you're welcome

Brittany is proper pissed off  bc she didn't get to buy an ice cream

she also wants to rename herself Bianca

(\__/)

(0  0)

/^  ^\o

Holly thinks this looks like a bunny that did a poo

It's supposed to be its tail btw

ps guys thanks for 59k, can we hit 60 soon??