Chapter 4

SEBASTIAN'S POV

I pulled Clary into my arms and felt her stiffen in front of me but I forcefully twisted her against me and tilted her chin up. I gently pushed her hair out of her eyes and smoothed the skin under her eyes before kissing her on the lips.

All of a sudden, she pushed away from me, a look of disgust crossing her face. A sharp tingle of pain shot through my cheek as I stopped myself from stumbling backwards, realising that Clary had just slapped me. Furiously I saw Jace looking at Clary with respect in his eyes as he said, "Maybe I didn't need to volunteer to protect you Fray."

Clary wiped her mouth and made a face at Jace. "That was..."

But Jace did not find out what it was because I ferociously grabbed Clary's arm and twisted it, pushing her against the wall. "Don't you mess with me little sister," I growled into her ear, before I was seized by Peacekeepers who seemed to have been finding the situation amusing.

They dragged me behind the stage and tried to restrain me but I was a Shadowhunter and they were not; without a doubt, I was the strongest out of any of them. I was not just a Shadowhunter, but a DEMONIC Shadowhunter.

As they tried to force me down onto the floor (with no success whatsoever), I briefly wondered whether the rest of the boy tributes had been picked yet. I grinned thinking about how fun this year's Games would be, with Clary as my beautiful doll and Jace to torture and taunt to my heart's content. And maybe even kill. After the torturing obviously.

I was forced up and I did not bother to resist as I was daydreaming blissfully about Clary. I could see a long train with six carriages trailing behind it. This was undoubtedly going to be our transport to the Capitol. My keen eyes scanned over the train, trying to see which carriage Clary was in so that I could sit with her and have some fun.

But six more Peacekeepers surrounded me and pulled me onto the last carriage, completely ignoring my protesting shouts.

"Oh just get lost why don't you?" I hissed between gritted teeth, lashing out at the nearest Peacekeeper. But they steadily carried on and dumped me into the carriage and slammed the door shut behind them.

I sighed and rested my head against the wall. Damn it. I gazed around taking in the surroundings. There was no furniture whatsoever.

I was stuck in a dull, empty train carriage. Without Clarissa for company.

Yay.