Chapter 26

SEBASTIAN'S POV

I watched Clary leave the training room clinging onto Jace as if he was was her whole world and I felt a pang of jealousy. I wish I was Jace. Clary was so perfect, he was lucky to have her. Everything about her was flawless. I wanted to run my hands through her fiery hair, feel her small arms around my waist, and feel her moist, pink lips against mine. I would do anything, ANYTHING, to be with my Clary.

It was my turn to go into the Fear Landscape and I doubt I even had one fear. I wasn't scared of anything. I'm Sebastian, I am strong, fearless and handsome, duh.

As I injected the syringe into the side of my neck, the surroundings transformed into a black abyss. Out of nowhere, Clary appeared before me.

"Let me go!" she screamed, turning away from me and I saw with shock that she was holding a blade in her hand.

"Clary, no!" I yelled, catching up to her and spinning her around to face me.

"I can't take this anymore," she sobbed, tears running continuously down her pale cheeks which were normally full of colour.

"No Clary," I whispered, taking her hand between mine. "You can't leave me. We belong together."

"WE DON'T!" she screamed and yanked her hand out of mine and fell onto her knees, thrusting the blade into her heart.

"Nooooooooo!" I shouted, as pain I had never felt before took over me and my whole body began to shake.

She was MY Clary. She could not die. She could not commit suicide.

All of a sudden another Clary appeared before me and it hit me that this was all just a simulation; this was not reality.

"This isn't real," I whispered to myself in relief.

This time though, it was my task to kill her. How could I even do that?

I found that my hand shook as I lifted up the dagger but I kept in mind that this was all just a Fear Landscape (I would never kill Clary in real life, ever).

She gave a piercing, shrill scream which made the hair on the back of my neck rise as she sunk to the floor, her eyes rolling backwards.

I let out a shaky breath and I felt shocked at the perspiration running down my forehead. I though I had no fears... Turns out I was wrong.

However, my relief was short-lived. I was thrown into another fear. I was in a small, compact room which was completely empty. I looked around blankly, confused. I did not have claustrophobia so what was this meant to be? I realised a second later when a small spider appeared at the corner of the room and started scuttling around.

Oh damn. Spiders. No.

Without a warning, all different sorts of spiders started popping up all around the room. I felt horrified. Never in my life had I felt this sick. Bile rose in the back of my throat as a particularly large and hairy one began to creep up towards me, its long bristly legs treading softly on the floor. Its body was disgustingly shiny and was a shade of browny-black.

Dread took over me as I saw that behind that large spider had gathered many tiny little ones. They looked like an army. The big and little ones were equally bad, in my opinion. They marched towards me, in uniform columns and I was encircled by a writhing mass of spiders, horrible shiny creatures, some as big as tarantulas, some tiny.

I yelled out loud but my shout was muffled as the spiders rose and I drowned amongst their midst...

I opened my eyes, gasping and trembling. I was back in the Fear Landscape room again. I felt satisfied that I only had three fears, which meant that I beat that stupid Tobias. A smirk curled at the edge of my mouth but the ordeal I had just been through was fresh in my mind as I left the room.

"Bellatrix! Your turn," I called out, before going to the common room. "Oh, and... Good luck," I added evilly, not really meaning it. I don't really care what happened to Bellatrix, she was an idiot but I figured that she would be a good ally to have during the Games because everybody was scared of her. I would just let her think that we we were friends.

'You'll need it' I thought to myself, wondering about what Bellatrix would find in her fear landscape...

**********

Haii!

Please let us know if there are any grammatical/spelling errors throughout this text. ;)

Thanks for reading, and remember to add this story to your reading lists!

highschooltributes

:)