Chapter 6

ANNA POV

Elsa and I were sat in a carriage near the front of the train together. Elsa had been acting grumpy and moody straight after the reaping. I knew her well enough to figure out that it was because I had been picked to participate in The Hunger Games. What I didn't understand is why she was so anxious about me. She had been picked herself yet here she was worrying about me.

I plucked up the courage to ask her the question. (Trust me, it does take a lot of courage to speak to a stressed-out Elsa). "Elsie..." I began tentatively. "Why are you so worried about me? I CAN do this."

Elsa turned away from the window and I could see that her normally-perfect braid was coming undone due to her constantly twirling it around her hand which she tended to do when she was nervous. She raised her head to look directly into my emerald-green eyes.

"Anna," she sighed. "You wouldn't understand."

I snorted in annoyance and went down to sit beside her. "Elsa! I am your sister, okay? You can tell me. I will understand. I'm just like you," I urged.

"Well that's the thing isn't it?" blurted out Elsa all of a sudden. "You aren't just like me though. You don't have a superpower."

It took a moment for that to sink in. Was she trying to insult me? My own sister? My blood relation? I started to draw away from her but Elsa grabbed my hand and yanked me back down onto the seat beside her.

"See? This is why I didn't tell you!" she wailed tearfully. "I don't mean to insult you Anna, I swear. You are my sister and I don't CARE a tiny bit whether you have a superpower or not. You are my sister and I love you. That's it. Nothing can change that."

I was overcome with emotion at Elsa's sudden outburst because normally she was so calm and always the more sensible one of us two.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her and whispered,"You're an amazing sister Elsie."

She hugged me back and then drew away, wiping her eyes and messing up some of her elaborately done make-up though I did not tell her this.

"But Elsa.." I continued, thinking that it was better to get it over and done with now then leave it hanging. "Why did you mention me not having a super power then?"

She gave a frustrated sigh and began fiddling with her hair again. "All the people in District 14 have super powers. And all the tributes this year are from District 14. So that means that-"

"All the tributes have super powers," I finished faintly. "Except me."

My stomach churned at this realisation. It had never dawned on me. For some reason, I had not inherited any super powers myself while Elsa had.

But... Does that mean that I would be the first tribute to die?

"Stay strong An," whispered Elsa softly, pulling me into a hug.

"I'll try," I replied as bravely as I could.

*****

Back to an Elsa/Anna scene.

Thanks for reading! Vote & have a nice day. :)

highschooltributes

x