Chapter 23

CLARY'S POV

I woke up in Jace's arms, I was dizzy and my head hurt, like a lot.

Jace, who seemed to be awake before me leaned over me, a concerned look on his face.

"Clary, I'm so sorry. I should never have let him take you in there," he whispered.

"It's not your fault," I say kissing Jace on the cheek lightly, raising myself up on my elbows.

"Jace, I'm scared." I say with tears running down my cheek. I felt so vulnerable. I don't know why I felt so emotional.

"Don't be. I will kill that piece of shit," he says angrily, wiping the tears from my cheek and kissed me again gently. I kissed back, trying to lose myself in his soft lips but suddenly winced because of my throbbing head.

"Clary, rest, you hit your head, let me look after you, please," he pleaded, breaking the kiss.

I nodded and lay back down. It's not as if I could refuse. I wanted Jace all to myself, because after this it was only 5 more days till we go into the arena... Even if that sounded a bit selfish

Jace went into the bathroom and returned with a wet cloth, and held it on my injured head. I was really tired so I closed my eyes. Jace lay beside me so I snuggled into his shoulder and he put his arms around me, holding me tight.

"I love you," I whispered before I drifted off to a much-needed sleep.

This time when I woke up, Jace was in the shower. My head was still throbbing, so I sat for a while and thought before Jace walked back into the room, dressed in a clean but unironed white shirt and black trousers. Plain but gorgeous.

"Hey baby, you feeling any better?," he asked, walking over to me, one side of his mouth turned up.

"Yeah," I said picking up a Max who had gotten very defensive over me and was a bit jumpy so I tried to calm him down.

"That dog really has fallen for you, Clary, he would break a wall and wade through hell for you," Jace said and I laughed at his stupid metaphor.

He walked over to me but Max jumped off the bed and started growling at him. I laughed but called Max back over, he raced back to me not taking his eyes off Jace. I stroked him and cuddled him. I loved him so much already. He was so cute.

"I've been replaced. By a dog," he said with a frown, shaking his head in mock sadness.

"Better a dog than a duck," I retorted, and his expression changed to a grim one.

"I swear Clary, ducks are bloodthirsty and they will do anything and everything to get their claws in your throat," he said seriously.

I shook my head. 'Claws Jace, seriously?!'

"I'm going to have shower," I informed him, walking into the bathroom. Max walked up to the door and stands there like a guard.

"Wait, what did Sebastian do to you Clary?," asked Jace soberly.

Oh no. I would rather forget that horrendous experience.

"Um, he kissed me and touched me... but that's all, I think," I said, trying and failing to keep the tears in.

"Hey, it's okay. He will never touch you again," he comforted me. I think he was trying to convince me but it didn't work.

Before he could say anything else I ran into the bathroom and slammed the door. I heard Max growling at Jace again. I turned on the shower before sinking to my knees and cried, water streaming down my body. I got up again and scrubbed and scrubbed trying vainly to scrub away Sebastian's touch, that was making my skin crawl.

In the end I just got angry and threw the sponge across the bathroom causing everything to fall onto the floor. The shampoo bottles, the shower gel, the deodorants... Oh well. It was the Capitol. Surely they would tidy it up again?

I stepped out of the shower and sank to my knees on the cold white tiles and cried yet again. I hadn't cried like this since Jace went missing. I had absolutely no idea why I my feelings were so high today. I continuously felt like crying. There was a hard lump in my throat which refused to go away.

After about a minute of sobbing quietly and pulling myself together, I got up, wiped the tears from my eyes and got changed into skinny jeans and a baggy green jumper. Grabbing my make up, I put on heavy eyeliner, mascara, foundation, blush and a nude lipgloss trying to cover up my redness after crying.

When I walked out of the bathroom I was embraced by Jace who had obviously seen right through my make up.

"I can still feel him on me Jace, I can't get it to go away," I say sobbing. I probably looked horrible, my mascara running down my cheeks. I could probably be a Halloween trick or treater right now.

"I know, it's okay, just calm down baby," he said soothingly, rubbing my back.

"Oww! This stupid dog keeps biting me, he thinks I'm gonna hurt you," Jace said laughing, and that finally brings a watery smile to my tear stained face.

*****

Hey so soppy chapter again, but don't worry next is a training one. Max is so cute right, I guess Jace is sweet too...

Vote, comment, whatever.

Stay smiling, bye

Highschooltribues )

And guys can we just appreciate that little dog up there? ^^^