Chapter 13

• Dedicated to You :)

350 reads and it has been exactly one week since we started writing this book...

CLARY'S POV

After visiting Hazel I had returned to my room and fell asleep immediately after meeting the stylists. I found that Kinder was not as snobby as all the other stylists so I was quite grateful. But I did feel bad for stripping in front of a man except Jace...

And Jace had not mentioned anything to me about Salvia but she had seemed nice enough to me. But then again, is "enough" enough for Jace?

I woke up yawning and sat up in bed and pushed my duvet off me. My eyes still drowsy, I walked straight into a familiar person. He smelt of Capitol soap and perfumey aftershave. I knew immediately who this was.

"Jace," I murmured, still asleep. "What are you doing here? I locked the door."

"I found a way," he said winking. "You didn't put the latch on."

I grinned, giggling at my stupidity.

"Anyway, Clary," he said pulling me into his strong arms. "Happy Birthday!"

Oh my god. I totally forgot that it was my birthday. Jace was so sweet to remember!

"Aww, thanks Jace," I murmured wrapping my hands around his neck. "Do you remember my first birthday?"

I could feel his chest vibrate as he laughed. "In the greenhouse."

"I will never forget," I replied, getting on my tip-toes to kiss him. He pushed my hair out of my sleepy eyes and grasped my hand gently.

"Follow me, I have surprises for you," he said mysteriously, dragging me intothe corridor.

"Hang on Jace!" I laughed. "I need to get changed!"

"I'll wait outside," he nodded.

I threw open my wardrobe door an searched for a nice outfit. I grabbed a pair of denim shorts and a studded black jacket and pulled them on over my pale blue T Shirt. Then I wandered over to the mirror and applied a small bit of make up: lipgloss, heavy eyeliner and some mascara when I heard voices at the door.

Cautiously, I crept up to it and pressed my ear against it.

"What are you doing here?" I could hear Jace saying angrily.

"I just came to wish Happy Birthday to my darling sister," said a sinister voice.

SEBASTIAN.

How did he know?

"She doesn't want to see you," Jace said bluntly, as I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"In fact," I said, looking directly at Sebastian. "She NEVER wants to see you."

Sebastian examined me from head to toe and gave me a seductive smirk. "I'll be seeing you," he sniggered. "Soon."

And with that he walked away.

Jace looked angrily after Sebastian, but I anxiously tugged Jace's sleeve, trying to distract him.

"Come on then!" I exclaimed.

"Oh sure!" He said and took me up four flights of stair. On the fifth, I stopped breathless. "Jace, where are we going?" I asked.

"Tired already," he answered tauntingly and then added. "Piggyback?"

I hopped onto his back.

It turns out there were 4 more flights of stairs before we reached the top.