Chapter 8

JACE'S POV

Thoughts were racing around my head like they never had before. Clary was dead, what was the point in living? Clary was my entire life. I couldn't do anything without her. I must have wandered into her room somehow, because I looked around at it and thought about how I would never see her here again. Would she miss me?

My purpose for coming into The Hunger Games was solely to protect Clary and I had already messed that up. I was such an idiot. I hated myself. Suddenly I heard Clary's urgent voice saying my name again and again. Oh no, now I was going mad. What the hell? I might as well just die. There was no purpose of my living anymore.

I felt a tingling in my arm as I always did when Clary touched me. What was wrong with me? Seriously.

All of a sudden I saw Clary in front of me, gingerly holding a stele in her hand.

"Clary, I whispered. "You're alive!"

I embraced her, feeling a little dizzy but grateful and shocked to see Clary again.

"Of course I am," she replied gently, stroking my neck. "How could I ever leave you?"

I kissed her passionately on her lips. She smelt of roses and tangy lemon shampoo. I entwined my fingers in her hair and she wrapped her fingers around my neck.

"But you died," I blurted out. "I saw you die."

"No Jace, it was a hallucinating potion," she sighed, playing with the stele. "Sebastian."

I was too dizzy, confused and fed up to work anything out so I just rested my aching head on Clary's pillow.

She lay down beside me and looked at me with her beautiful green eyes as I held her and we drifted off to sleep.

*****

This scene took us the whole of lunchtime to write guys. X~ H&A&K

Especially coz Jace is always so tough..

Anyway, read, vote, comment, follow? :)

Thank you for reading!

highschooltributes