Robbery

Three years later

          I panted, tightening my hold on the pipe I was currently climbing up. Mylo grunted from just below me, reaching up for something to strengthen his hold on but he caught my ankle instead. I let out a little gasp as I fell a little due to his added weight, and Whiskers wiggled out of my hair before squeaking down at Mylo.

          "Oops," the brunette whispered as he let go of my foot and I glared down at him. "Sorry."

          "We're almost there!" a sweet voice from above called, and I looked up to see Violet smiling down at us while hanging graciously from a ledge.

          "Aw, man," Mylo groaned as I jumped up to the spot Claggor had just left. Powder was right above him, catching up with her sister faster than the rest of us.

          Violet made it to the rooftop first, of course, and I heard her take a deep breath in as I continued to grunt and try to climb up. "Hey, Powder. Come take a look."

          Powder climbed up next, and then I shoved Claggor up the rest of the way before swinging myself up.

          "Whoa," Powder whispered as the two sisters stood side by side looking over Piltover. I heard Mylo grunt as he finally made it up here, being dramatic as always. I rolled my eyes as Whiskers squeaked, climbing to the top of my head and tangling her little paws in my still shoulder-length gray hair as I moved up towards Violet and Powder.

          "It's nice getting above it all, huh?" Violet grinned as I stopped just at her other side with a hand on my hip.

          "If you're not so scared of heights," I hummed sarcastically while looking down at the ground--very far, far away. Shivering, I took a step back just as Claggor came up to Powder's side and a flying ship flew over us. The wind made me stumble a little towards the edge, and Whiskers shrieked while grabbing hold of the top of my head.

          "One day, I'm gonna ride in one of those things," Powder said as I took a careful step back from the edge before Mylo rammed into my shoulder and knocked me towards Violet.

         "And one day, I'm gonna shoot one of 'em down," he said while pointing a gun made up of his fingers towards it. Violet quickly slapped it down as I rolled my eyes, smacking him upside the head.

          "Vi, are--are you sure about this?" Claggor asked as we began making our way towards the side of the roof leading to another lower, more narrow one. "Look, if we get caught, we're--"

          "We're not gonna get caught," she stopped him short as she jumped down and began walking. "We'll be in and out before anyone notices."

          I jumped down after Claggor, making sure not to look down as Whiskers grabbed my hair nervously from the top of my head. I could practically feel her shivering in fear. We stopped long an edge, and Violet did the exact opposite of me by looking down and mapping out our next move.

          "All right, everybody, follow me," she hummed. "Just--don't look down."

          She smiled in my direction, and Whiskers shot her a very flustered squeak as I grinned nervously back at her. She then jumped, sliding across the roof before her feet landed on the railing. She used her momentum to jump to the side, catching hold of a balcony roof and placing her feet on the railing. Slipping down and turning around, Vi then jumped across the large gap between the buildings before safely landing on the other side. She then looked back at us, expecting us to do the same. But I was frozen right beside Powder, watching as Mylo cracked his knuckles before shoving Claggor to the side to go first. He did the same as her, going through the same motions yet not so gracefully. And he wore a smug smile as soon as he landed on the roof, but it disappear as soon as Claggor landed just a few feet to his side just a second after him, stuffing a cupcake into his mouth that he had stolen off of the balcony.