Who's She? (End of Episode 5)

I found Sevika in the back of the Last Drop, dealing cards to two other men that wagered they could beat her. Coins were tossed in the middle, and after each round, it seemed as though they always went to Sevika. I had myself perched on a railing, watching them from above. Squeaks was down below, moving between their feet and plucking a loose coin from the ground before scurrying away. Sevika knew I was there and that Silco had sent me, much to her disgust.

          I looked down at my gray nails, noticing they were chipped and in need of repainting. I felt a thump against my ankle, looking down to see Squeaks on her hind legs with her front two paws wrapped around her new coin that she held proudly up at me. I smiled, taking it and winking down at her with a small chuckle. She hurried up my shoulder and jumped onto my head, nestling into my hair with a content sigh.

          "Rotten luck, boys!" Sevika smiled, tossing her two cards against the table with a smile before leaning back in her chair. The men groaned, defeated, and out of money to continue. Sevika smirked, moving forward to collect her prize when suddenly--a knee connected to her jaw and blood splattered to the ground along with coins. Sevika's body fell and hit the ground as the two men stood up, and I tilted my head at the back of this new woman's head. Her hair was pink, the left side shaved. But I couldn't see her face.

          Sevika let out a little groan, getting up to her knees while rubbing her jaw. The two men behind her collected as many coins as they could carry before hurrying away just as Sevika whispered, "Vi?"

          A gasp got stuck in my throat as my head flicked to the side, and I had to step off the railing in order not to fall forward. My back hit the wall behind me as the name echoed through my head, too many voices to count repeating it before laughter began filling my ears as well. I groaned, cupping my ears as Squeaks jumped off my head, scurrying away somewhere else.

            "You filthy traitor," a familiar voice sprang from down below, and I let out a hiss as it trigged another spasm down my back. Turning around, I began softly banging my head against the wall.

          "Vander had his chance," Sevika growled back.

          "I'm sorry about your mother, Y/n."

          The man's voice vibrated through my head, and I stumbled back just as Sevika and the woman below continued to fight. I panted, turning around and planting my hands on the railing. Looking down, I could see through blurry vision that Sevika had this Vi's arms locked tight together with her metal arm, turning her around so I could see her face. Flashes of blue and pink clouded my eyesight as my eyes found the woman's ocean ones, matching Jinx's so well.

          "I see you never learned patience," Sevika said before slamming her head against Vi's, making her grunt before she hit her once again while letting her go. Vi began falling back, and as she did Sevika punched her right in the gut and sent her flying into a wall. I shook my head, trying to control my breathing as Sevika and Vi continued to fight. I know Silco told me to keep Sevika out of trouble--but she looked like she was handling herself.

          My eyes widened, catching something gray moving between their feet. Squeaks was running between the two, trying to catch hold of Vi's clothing but failing when the woman kept moving out of the way.

          "Squeaks!" I hissed, leaning over the railing some. What the hell was she doing?!

          Vi hammered a fist against Sevika's cheek, knocking her down to all fours. Okay, Sevika was no longer handling herself. The small vial of Shimmer pumped itself down her arm again, and her eyes glistened purple for a second before she stood up and picked up a barrel nearby. She threw it up in the air before hitting it in Vi's direction, and she ran out of the way before being pushed into the wall by Sevika. I gasped, watching Squeaks run out of the way just in time to not be squished. Sevika grabbed Vi by the throat, swinging her around before hammering her down into the ground.