Kidnapped

My eyes slowly fluttered open to the sound of grunting coming from my right, and I let out a soft sigh while shaking my head some. My vision was tampered with--a bag thrown over my head. I was leaning back against something hard and tall, my butt sitting on a hard surface with my legs thrown out in front of me. They weren't tied like my hands were behind my back.

          "I knew it was a mistake trusting you!" a voice rang through the air, making me freeze up a little. Caitlyn. What was she doing here?

         "You've been a real picnic yourself," another voice shot back from my left, and my eyes widened a little. Vi.

          "I'm not the one who walked us into, not one, but two of Silco's traps," Caitlyn shot back as I twisted my lips together, trying to break free from the metal cuffs around my wrists. And then my blood ran cold--where was Whiskers?

          "This isn't Silco," Vi responded as my chest began rising and falling heavily as panic began sweeping through me, "it's someone else."

          "How do you know?" Caitlyn growled.

          "'Cause we'd already be dead."

         "Oh, very nice. When were you planning to tell me that your lunatic sister works for him?"

          "Just as soon as you came clean about what the hell you're really doing down here," Vi shot back.

          "I told you the truth," Caitlyn yelled as I rolled my eyes with beginning to push my feet under my butt.

          "Bullshit. What was that glowing stone?"

          I froze, no longer able to be quiet when Caitlyn didn't give a response.

          "That's what I thought."

         Suddenly metal creaked and a stream of light flowed in from in front of me, my eyes widening as a shadow casted over the light and moved towards us.

         "What's going on?" Caitlyn questioned as the frame looked to be going for Vi when suddenly--it turned and grabbed me by my shoulder.

          "Hey!" Vi shouted as she kicked her feet. "Let her go!"

          "Vi? Let her go!" Caitlyn chipped in as I was dragged to my feet.

          "Caitlyn?"

          "Vi?"

          "Wait... they're not taking you?" Vi whispered as I squirmed and kicked, beginning to be dragged away.

          "No... who are they taking?"

         I was shoved into a different room, my hands unhooked for one second before being wrapped around a pillar and clicked back into place. I grimaced as soon as the bag was taken off my head, blinking away some of the fogginess before looking up and locking eyes with a male with long bat-like ears and an animal-like nose. His skin was gray and eyes green, and he sent a sneer down at me before turning and walking over to his leader that was sitting directly opposite me in a chair. He gently nudged his knee before the masked man jerked his chin to the side, and the other man left before slamming the door after him.

          "Where's my mouse?" I demanded as I rose to my feet and went to move forward when the handcuffs clanked against the pipe they were wrapped around, holding my arms behind my back. "Where is she?!"

         The man stood up, setting his staff to the side of his chair before moving a couple of inches in front of me. I was just as tall as his chest, having to crane my neck up just to look him in the eye. His head tilted down at me before--Whiskers appeared on his shoulder.

            "Whiskers!" I gasped as she squeaked and jumped onto the top of my head. I relaxed, taking a step back and leaning against the pillar with a sigh as she nestled into my hair with a content sigh. And then I looked up at the Firelight leader, my lips suddenly going dry as I began trembling. "I--I'm sorry."

          I ducked my head a little, avoiding the urge to start crying right in front of this man.

          "I know that doesn't help--with what I've done, but..." I grimaced as my vision flashed over blue and pink, and the memory of jumping up and smashing a Firelight down to the ground with both of my feet came flashing through my mind. "I'm sorry."

          A rustle piqued my interest, and I looked up to see the man was taking off his mask. The first thing I saw was the white fluffy hair, and then the white streak of paint that ran down the center of his nose and out under his eyes while also taking up the majority of his forehead. But those eyes--I let out a small hiss as my head twitched backward, thumping against the pillar as my vision went foggy. Images of the small brown-skinned boy throwing down the ladder to us running in an alley came rushing to my mind, along with me holding onto him as Vi did the same as we cried.

          "So you do remember," Ekko mumbled as I began breathing heavily, panting and shaking my head to try and shake off the awful taste in my tongue. I looked back up at him, swallowing the lump in my throat as I stared up at him. "I should be happy..."

         I grimaced slightly, my mind still a little foggy to completely wrap around what he was saying. Whiskers jumped off the back of my head, moving down my metal arm before stopping at the metal cuffs without Ekko noticing her.

          "You never once remembered me before," Ekko accused while sticking his finger in my face and making me straighten up a little. "All those times when we fought and you knocked my mask off?"

          Flashes of those incidents came rushing back to me, and I let out a groan as I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head from side to side.

          "You never once stopped!"

          Over and over again moments of me trying to hit Ekko and failing through different scenarios came rushing in--why didn't I recognize him?

          "I couldn't blame you because you didn't remember," Ekko continued to ramble as he took a step back away from my trembling frame, and I slowly looked up at him as he pushed a hand over his hair and patted it down some while sighing. "But Jinx--"

            I felt a soft click from behind me, and the handcuffs hold on me loosened. With one twist I would be free.

          "--she knew me. And she didn't care," Ekko sneered as I pressed my lips together. He then turned towards me, brown eyes quickly finding my pink ones. "How did you get your memories back?"

          I began shrugging before stopping myself when another Twitch took over.

          My shoulders shuddered as my chin tucked into my chest, my body shriveling back into the pillar as I let out a little gasp. My vision flashed back to the cargo raid when the Firelights had boarded and were trying to destroy the Shimmer, and Jinx was taking care of one of the last standing Firelights that was going to light up the gasoline. I was heading towards the Firelight leader, who I now know was Ekko when I heard Jinx mutter, "Vi?"

         Shaking my head and letting out a shaky breath, I felt Ekko place his hands carefully on my shoulder.

          "Y/n?" he questioned softly with a tilt of his head. I looked up at him, sniffling lightly before twisting my hands and making the cuffs drop. His eyes widened in a mild panic, taking a step back. But I jumped towards him, latching my arms around his neck in a tight hug. He took a pause for a moment as I nestled my face in the crook of his neck, holding back tears as a laugh bubbled out of my lips.

         "It was Vi," I realized with a little smile.