Welcome To the Lanes

"You did what?" Mylo cried, getting right into Powder's face as I looked at the interaction from over Vi's shoulder.

          "I'm sorry," the girl cringed as Vi tilted to the side to get in the way of my vision as her fingers found their way around my nose. "I tried to fight him off with Mouser, but... she didn't work."

          "This is going to hurt," Vi mumbled before cracking my nose back into place. Pain sparked through me and I let out a gasp, wrapping my hand around it as Vi pulled her own away.

          "Who saw that coming?" Mylo shrugged while raising his hand and turning away from her.

          "We never should have gone over there," Claggor mumbled as Vi patted my shoulder before helping me up to my feet from the crate I had been sitting on.

          "Doesn't matter. The stuff's gone," Vi said as she strolled past Mylo over to her sister. "It's all right, Powder. At least you're okay."

             She cupped her cheek before moving towards the house behind Powder as Mylo shot me a baffled look. I sniffed, picking up Whiskers from the crate she was on. She turned out to be  okay--she just fell unconscious after the hard hit. She was moving slowly up my shoulder, still a little sore but able to hold on.

          "Okay? What about us?" Mylo shot back as he gestured to me, him, and Claggor.

          Vi shoved open the door, allowing the rest of us to slip into the old abandoned house.

         "I get my face bashed in, and she just gets a pass?" Mylo shouted as he jumped in front of Vi a little.

          "Yup," she answered as she shut the door after me as I scratched Whiskers' cheek softly to soothe her pain a little. She leaned into my touch, very gracious of the gentle tone. We moved into a little room just opposite the door, Claggor sitting down in a chair while glaring at Mylo to his side as I leaned against the wall beside Powder. Vi moved in last, tugging down a lever and making the room around us tremble before moving downwards.

          "Every time. Every time she comes, something goes wrong," Mylo began saying as I glared at him. And then he bent down across me, getting right in Powder's face. "She jinxes every job."

          "Just drop it, Mylo," I snarled as I grabbed the back of his hair and tugged him upright.

          "You're no better. You can't even land a punch," he shot back as he stood in front of me. I sneered back at him. "Whiskers can fight better than you."

          "Mylo," Vi snarled, making the two of us turn towards her. But her back was facing us, making it hard for us to see her face. Yet Mylo backed off, and I turned back ahead. But not without laying a reassuring hand on Powder's shoulder.

          Soon the elevator revealed our home in all its dark glory, eyes ranking over us. Vi simply pulled up her hood, dropping her eyes to her feet as the rest of us looked down at the ground as well to copy her move. She jumped out first as soon as the elevator hit the ground, waiting for the rest of us to follow after her. And we did... moving through the alleys of the Lanes towards the Last Drop.

* * * * *

                    Third Person pov

          A buff man filled up two large mugs full of beer from the tap, placing them in front of an anxious scrawny man with circular glasses. He graciously took them and turned away since they were already paid for, moving through the groups of people filling the local bar. He tripped over a man's shoe, spilling some beer on a woman and quickly ducking to avoid her harsh gaze before slipping towards a booth in the back. He set one drink down in front of the man on the right side of the table before sitting down across from him, continuing to smile even through the harsh gazes the thick man and sharp woman were giving him.