Jinx and Mouse

An explosion from down below rattled me around in my seat a little, and I turned my attention away from the mouse sitting on my lap to Jinx sitting on one of the three large wings of the turbine. She had her knees propped up, another bomb in her hand as she continued to mumble with herself. She pulled the pin out of this bomb with her teeth, spitting it out to the side while the bomb began opening and closing its mouth over and over again.

         "It wasn't her," Jinx began ranting once again as the mouse on my lap leaped away before scurrying to the side. I didn't bother looking after her. "It wasn't."

          She kicked the bomb away, it exploding in the air.

          And then she turned away from me, looking over at the couch that was set up in the corner, "I know. Just... just some wannabe street trash."

           I rolled my eyes, watching Jinx go through yet another breakdown.

          "I got confused, that's all," she rambled on as I looked up at the couch. There was a long frame slumped against one armrest, the mechanical body looking much like a young boy's. A pink flash danced over it and my shoulders jumped, head twitching as a wash of pain went through my body and head. "Now, he thinks I'm weak."

          Jinx sprawled out on her back as I rose to my feet.

          "Sevika will clean it up. Sevika's a regular Johnny-on-the-spot!"

          She began pounding another bomb to a miniature toy blimp as I turned my back on her and began fiddling with a few papers surrounding me. I picked one up, twisting my lips as I placed one hand on my hip. I had drawn this picture a while back, but couldn't quite make out what it was. After one of my Twitches, I had the urge to draw it down. It was a head, that's for sure, with rounded ears and purple and golden eyes. And an animal, no doubt, with jagged teeth. But I couldn't make out what it was for sure because the lines were jagged and nothing in my mind clicked together why I had drawn this.

          "I'm not weak," Jinx hissed as I tossed the paper away. "And I'm gonna show him."

          I looked over my shoulder at Jinx, seeing she was laying on her side while staring at the blimp. And then she reached behind her, grabbing her belt full of bombs.

          "Oh, I'm gonna show him. You'll see," she rambled while clicking the bomb on it before throwing it over and into the air. The pin swirled around her finger just before all the bombs that had been attached to the belt exploded below, and I began walking towards Jinx as she sat up. My mouse came scurrying over, running up Jinx's shoulder as she looked up at me. "Hiya, Twitchy."

          "Don't call me that," I grumbled as I sat down beside her.

          "Hiya, Whiskers," she continued on as she patted the top of my mouse's head and she leaned into her palm. A flash of pink and blue washed over my vision as the name was repeated over and over in my head from multiple different voices, and I groaned as I clutched my temple.

          "Her name is Squeaks," I reminded her through clenched teeth.

          "No, it's not," Jinx said firmly as she looked over at me. "Hey, your braid is coming out."

          "Then fix it."

          She sprawled out on her back, taking the end of my hair and undoing it about a foot or two. I slumped forward, staring ahead of me as Jinx began to hum.

          "I'm going to Piltover soon," she said to break the silence, and I looked down at her with a raised eyebrow as she continued to rebraid my hair. "Wanna come with?"

          "You're crazy," I grumbled with a roll of my eyes.

          "And you're forgetful."

          Squeaks ran onto my shoulder, running her paws through the back of my hair and straightening down a few gray hairs. After keeping quiet for a little longer, I soon began feeling something press against the back of my shirt. Looking around, I saw that Jinx was scribbling something on the fabric yet again with a pink marker.

          "What are you writing now?" I questioned as she stuck her tongue out between her lips in concentration.

          "A mouse head," she hummed back while smiling a little more, "and a jaguar."

          My shoulders tightened as more flashing flew through my vision, and low snarling echoed through my head as I slumped forward and put my head in my hands. Jinx pulled away, watching my body as it spasmed and twitched before finally stopping. And when I looked back at her, my pink eyes were glowing.

            "That's cool," I panted, pulling stray gray hairs out of my eyes as she stared at me. "I'm in."

            "You'll come with me?" Jinx smiled with a tilt of her head.

            "I'll come with you to Piltover."