Vi? (End of Episode 2)

Powder and I decided to get away from Claggor and Mylo for a moment to ourselves, climbing up the stairs and into the Last Drop. The bar was closed, which meant the stools had all been placed off the ground and on top of tables. Vander was the only man in the room, cleaning mugs while listening to a soft song. Whiskers swayed her head to the beat from the top of my head as Powder and I sat side by side on the last two bar stools. Powder sat the bunny on top of the bar as Whiskers jumped down and rested on my arm as I slung it over the counter and rested my head just opposite of it, looking at Whiskers with a soft smile. Powder faced me while copying my movements, running a hand under the bunny's ears before her blue eyes shifted over to me. Whiskers jumped off my arm in time for me to reach out and pat Powder's shoulder.

          Vander smiled at the two of us before pouring us each our favorite drinks, plucking a straw in the orange liquid before sliding it over to us. He tilted the straws in our direction, and Powder and I both looked up at him before turning away. He scowled a little, looking between the two of us. Whiskers then raced over the stuffed bunny's feet, stopping between them before standing on her hind legs and twitching her nose up in Vander's direction. He frowned, picking the bunny up for closer inspection. And then realization dawned on him.

         He raced out of the Last Drop, knocking Powder and I's juices over on the way out. Whiskers squeaked as she avoided being hit, watching the bulky man leave the door wide open to his bar as he ran down the Lanes. Looking over at Powder, she was also watching him silently before looking up at me.

          "Stay here," I whispered before slinking out of the stool. "I'll be back."

* * * * *

                    Third Person pov

          "You were always in a shadow, Bellatrix."

          The woman's gold eyes pulled themselves upwards, still feeling a little anxious about the process that had just been explained to her. She was sitting down in a chair in the middle of an empty room, the restraints sitting just at her wrists unhinged. She was sitting in a chair meant for holding people back, yet she was completely free. Bane let out a low whimper from the side, and she found herself snapping to attention while looking over. The all-powerful jaguar was now strapped to the floor, paws secured in place with his body upright. Several different chains were wrapped around his torso and throat, keeping him held tight in place.

          "Aren't you tired of being his little house cat? Her claws taken away?"

          Bellatrix's lips pulled into a tight line before she let out a low snarl, rolling her shoulders while turning back ahead. The man before her had his hands crossed just at his low back, hiding them from view. But the distinct purple glow made her skin crawl.

          "Now, the last boy I had done this to--" the man trailed off, his discolored eyes going off to the side as he pulled one free hand out from behind him and tapped his lips with his index finger-- "well, it didn't end well."

          A thump from the side made Bellatrix look over, and laying on the ground was a boy around Y/n's age. His veins were bulging purple, eyes black with the lavender color intermixing them. He was shriveled up and weak, lips turned back in a frozen scream. But most importantly--he wasn't moving. His eyes had been screwed open and his face contorted in pain until the end of time. It made Bellatrix want to vomit.

          "Deckard didn't have what it took," the man continued on while looming closer to Bellatrix. "Soon after he failed... you walked in. Now, tell me this isn't fate?"

          A machine hissed, and Bellatrix looked over to see multiple syringes hooked up to a large tank of the purple liquid lowered down just above Bane as he let out another weak pant. His chest heaved up and down rapidly, trying to flinch away from the needles that began to lower themselves just level to his fur.

         "Do you or do you not want to get back at Vander for all of those years in the dark?"

         Bellatrix's eyes snapped ahead, looking down at the man's stretched hand. This time it contained a vial of the purple liquid, flashing in her gold eyes as she looked up at the man. He didn't show any kind of emotion... simply just stared down at her.

          She slowly took the vial out of his hands, raising it up to eye level as he took a step away. She popped the lid open on the top, swirling the liquid inside for an instant before lowering it to her nose and taking in a deep breath through her nose. Her pupils shrank and a surge of power washed through her body instantly, and she gasped while reeling away.

          "It's your choice," the man said as his orange eye flicked from the bottle to her. "Do you want to live the rest of your life being a litter-trained pussy cat, or are you going to live up to who you really are?"

          Bellatrix sneered before pressing the vial to her lips and tilting her head back. The purple liquid slid down her throat roughly and she gagged as soon as it was down. As soon as the last drop had been drunk, the needles plunged into Bane's skin. Their identical eyes shrank as their veins began bulging, and the two let out the same roars while throwing their heads back. The man smiled, taking another step back as Bellatrix fell out of her chair at the same time as Bane was released from his chains and he, too, slumped to the ground.

          "The Shimmer can be overwhelming at first," he said as he began to pace around Bellatrix's trembling frame. She panted and clutched her chest, squeezing her eyes shut as the Shimmer moved through her blood and thrummed through her system. Her muscles bulged, bones growing tougher. And she was growing in height and width. "But you will learn to cope."

          Bellatrix's breathing slowed, and her eyes snapped open. Gold was mixed with purple and black, her pupils shrunken and slitted now. When she looked over at Bane, he had the same colored eyes as his owner. His body was also larger, teeth sharper and paws the size of bowling balls.

         "Now... are you ready to pay Vander a visit?" the man hummed as he stopped right in front of Bellatrix. She looked up slowly, grinning and showing the new fanged teeth she had gotten from the Shimmer.

          "Of course, Silco."