The Blue Crystal

Rock music clouded my ears as I slowly walked past Jinx. Her upper body was hanging below towards the long drop off the turbine, her legs holding her steady to the large fan we were on. I tucked my hands behind my back, raising an eyebrow at a book she had stolen from the building back in Piltover.

            "Boring," she sighed as she flipped a page, making me flinch as Squeaks jumped off my shoulder and down next to Jinx. "Boring. Wow. Super boring..."

            She trailed off before suddenly sitting up, turning towards the mechanism sitting on the ground some feet away. I tilted my body to the side, standing towards Jinx's left while peering over her right shoulder.

          "Here we go!" she exclaimed, holding the book out in front of her before pulling it away to look closely at the machine she had just got done building. "It's all about these runes."

             She sat with her legs criss-cross applesauce, Squeaks running up her side and perching herself on Jinx's shoulder as I looked from the book to the machine.

            "They form some kind of math-y, magic-y gateway," Jinx mumbled as she plucked the pencil out of her mouth before holding the book up so it was facing the couch on the other side of the machine. The slumped-over boy toy didn't move, and the teddy bear wearing broken goggles swung gently in the wind. But as soon as I locked eyes with them, flashes of pink and blue went over their faces, making me flinch as I squeezed my eyes shut and turned away. "To the realm of heebie-jeebies. And this... turns it on."

              She held up the glowing crystal before maneuvering it into the little divet in the center of the machine. The lines began glowing as soon as it clicked into place, and my mouse squeaked as she ducked behind Jinx's hair and she clapped her hands together, "So... here goes."

             She placed her hand on the knob as I took a careful step back, wary of the glowing object beginning to thrum to life. Jinx let out a little breath before clicking the knob once, and then a crackle of energy shot out and a blue beam exploded upwards. Jinx flew backward and flipped before landing on her stomach, and I gasped my feet were knocked out from beneath me and I landed like her just a couple of feet away. My eyes widened as the blue ball began thrumming out energy in pulses, making random objects around us begin to float along with the two of us. But with each flash of energy my vision blurred, and I felt immense pain cloud through my head. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping to be rid of the Twitch that was starting to take over. But instead of seeing the welcoming black of my eyelids I saw a pink-haired girl stretching her hand out to me, her lips curled back in sobs as she trembled under the large door she was trapped in. fire was all around us, and the ground was rumbling as something roared in the background.

            And then the blue light stopped, dropping Jinx and me back to the ground. Jinx began panting heavily as I stared upwards, looking around at all the glowing blue orbs that twinkled around us.

            "No!"

            I looked over, realizing Jinx was beginning to sob while holding her face. I took in a deep breath, moving to reach out for her with my metal arm. But her head whipped over to me, frantic eyes going down to my arm and then back to my pink eyes.

            "No! It was a mistake! It was a mistake!" Jinx sobbed as she pulled away from me and ran up to the center of the turbine. Squeaks ran after her as I looked down at my metal, flipping it around a couple of times and listening to the fingers squeal. Crackling continued ahead of me, and I looked up at an overturned box with its contents spilled out. One was a metallic flare, and the other was a bunny that continued to have a few blue sparks coming out of it.

             "When I was a kid, some guy took my favorite toy and threw it up there. I used to come out here at night, and stare at it, hoping maybe the wind or a bird might knock it down."

              My next Twitch threw my head back against the ground, my forehead thumping against metal as I clenched my teeth and my spine locked up. The girl's voice began to chuckle and laugh, echoing in my head and growing louder and louder by the second before stopping completely. I rasped and coughed, holding my chest while stealing a glance back at Jinx. She was slumped over her table, sobbing and holding her head between her arms. I took in a deep breath before climbing to my feet and hurrying out of the room.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for all of the get-well wishes! You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm feeling a lot better after many, many naps, and I was able to write this next chapter in the short amount of time that I've been awake. I can't promise that I'll update again tonight, but I'm going to eat, and if I feel better expect another chapter soon!