You're Strong, Powder (End of Episode One)

I moved down the stairs, tilting my head a little as Powder rushed past me. Not saying anything and not really in any mood to know what she was up to, I began making my way back to the shared room the orphans shared before pausing and hearing Mylo and Vi mid-conversation.

          "Like, complain about everything," Vi said as I looked through the crack of the door. Mylo threw a ball against the wall, it bouncing into his palm before he looked over at Vi.

         "What?" he whispered.

          "And brag nonstop," Vi pushed on while sitting up.

          "Okay, okay, I see where this is going," he groaned before throwing the ball again. But she caught it as she stood up, marching over to him.

          "Pick fights with the group when we need to focus," Vi snapped as I began to slowly open the door.

          "Vi, I--" Mylo began chuckling, the two not noticing me yet.

          "And tell strangers on the street that we got a nice haul?" Vi pushed on as she threw the ball to the ground.

           "I--I didn't mean to--"

          "Powder's my problem, okay? Your problem is never knowing when to shut up."

          She pointed her finger in his face as he leaned away from her. "But I'm going to help you with that. Ready?" Vi said as she pulled her finger back. And then she pointed at herself. "You see this look on my face? This will always mean it's time to shut up."

          "But..." Vi pointed at her face, stopping Mylo short. "I--"

          She gestured with both her fingers, lips pinned together before he groaned.

         "Well, then what about Y/n, huh?" he shouted as he sat up a little and Vi reeled away from him.

          "What about her?" Vi snapped.

        "The girl can't even last two seconds in a fist fight before getting her nose bashed in."

            My hand subconsciously went to my nose which was still a little crooked from today. I suspected it would forever be crooked now.

            "And let's not forget the fact that if it wasn't for a little mouse, she wouldn't be here!" he added. "I can't tell you how many times that thing has saved her life because she can't even defend herself--"

            Vi's lips twisted to the side before she pointed to her face, silently telling Mylo to shut up.

          "How many times do I have to tell you to shut up?" she hissed before knocking him in the side of his head. "She's not a problem."

         "Sure she is," Mylo hissed with a roll of his eyes as I began making my way down the stairs. "You just don't see it because you--"

          Vi gestured to her face once again, and Mylo let out a small sigh as he got to his feet. Once I had reached the bottom step, I accidentally pushed a bottle off the railing with my hand and cringed with it clattered against the ground. Both of them turned towards me as Whiskers hid in my hair. Great job, Y/n... silent as a mouse.

          I quickly walked around them, jumping into Powder's bed before closing the curtain and blocking the two out. Her bed was set up neatly in a small little box area, blocking out everyone else. It was nice and cozy--perfect for when I needed to hide from my mother or anyone else... which would be Mylo and Vi right now. It didn't work out that well.