Reunion (End of Episode 6)

I didn't even bother with the steps--if I would've I probably would've run into Vi and the enforcer that was running after her. But I didn't even see them as I grabbed metal bars and swung myself onto them, not even minding how high I was reaching. Squeaks kept covering her eyes and crying out when she was thrown off balance on the top of my head, continuously changing her grip from her eyes to my hair. I was too focused on the blue smoke that was beginning to fade to pay attention to her, though.

          "Come on, Mouser."

          What a wonderful time for a Twitch.

          I gasped, my head twitching to the side as I jumped. I barely caught hold of the bar ahead, panting as my body grew rigged and my metal hand began slipping above me.

          "We need you!"

          My eyes widened, glowing pink as I tightened my hold on the bar. Gritting my teeth, I spun myself up and around, nailing my feet on the bar before propelling upwards. Climbing to the very top and looking out, I realized I had climbed up a little higher than needed. I was now crouched down on top of the metal head that loomed over the platform below, and when I looked down I immediately reel back in surprise. Jinx had her hand held high in the air, the flare in her hand burning out now. Her nose crinkled up just before she let out a cry, throwing the object through the air. And then she pulled out the blue crystal, holding it tightly between her fingers before a familiar voice rang out from below, "Powder?"

          I looked down, seeing the top of Vi's head as she stepped forward towards Jinx. Jinx tensed up as I leaned forward, Squeaks jumping off the top of my head so she could stand right at the edge and watch. We watched as Jinx turned around slowly, facing Vi before whispering, "Vi?"

         "Oh, Powder!" Vi cried, running up and wrapping her arms around Jinx.

          "You know, Powder, what makes you different makes you strong."

          My head flicked to the side, and I grimaced while holding my temple. Shaking my head some, realization began to hit me. Jinx--is Powder.

          "I'm so sorry, Powder," Vi whispered as she pulled away and held her sister's face in her hands. "I... I tried to come back. I promise, I did. But I... I got arrested."

         Tears began to fill my own eyes as Squeaks looked up at me, and I looked down at her.

          "This is Whiskers--she's my friend."

          I gasped softly as Squeaks grabbed the top of my nose, and I smiled a little.

          "Whiskers," I breathed, and she squeaked as her hold tightened on my nose.

          "Marcus?" Jinx whispered, continuing her own conversation down below as I looked over Whiskers and down at them.

          "I don't know. I... It doesn't matter. I just--I never thought I'd see you again," Vi cried before pulling Jinx back in for a hug.

          "Are you real?"

          Vi pulled back once again, holding onto her shoulders, "Yes, of course. It's me, Vi, your sister. I'm here. I'm right here."

          Tears began flowing down Jinx's cheeks once again as she let out a soft sob, "Things changed when you left. I changed. And Y/n--"

          "I know, Pow-pow, I know. You did what you had to do to survive. You both did. Me too. It's okay," Vi whispered before pulling her in for yet another hug. "What matters is we're together. We'll find Y/n soon."