Liars

After my visit with Singed, I decided to go to the other place I could get answers. Silco. I threw open the Last Drop's doors, huffing while clutching the side of my head. Squeaks jumped off my shoulder, beginning to collect her scrape of coins off the ground as I turned towards the stairs. I stumbled as I began to climb up them, shaking my head before suddenly hitting someone's back at the top. I snapped my attention upwards, letting out a small growl as soon as I saw it was Sevika. She glared down at me, seemingly out of breath as well. But she didn't say anything to me, turning and throwing up Silco's doors.

         "We lost her," Sevika hissed as I stepped around her to go up into my hiding place while she and Silco talked. But before I could Silco's chair turned around, revealing Jinx inside it.

          "Lost who?" she questioned, making me freeze up a little. Sevika growled, stepping forward when suddenly--she pushed her toe against a string. My eyes widened as gas began filling the air, filling Sevika and I's noses before we began coughing. Sevika moved forward for the gas mask Jinx had put on while I went for the doors, trying to open them. But somehow they had locked themselves up. Sevika collapsed against the desk, reaching out for Jinx's mask but growing too weak before she could actually reach her. Jinx smiled, waving her fingers in her direction as I slumped against the doors while coughing. My breathing was slowing down, and I turned around so my back was against the doors. Jinx locked eyes with me as I continued to rasp, clutching my chest as my eyes began drooping. "I'm sorry, Mouse."

          My eyes rolled to the back of my head before I finally dropped back into the black icy world of unconsciousness.

          Once I had come back to, my hands were tied behind my back and my feet were hooked together. I was still leaned up against the door, my head leaned back against it as my eyes began fluttering open. Letting out a little groan, I slowly rolled my head around before my eyes moved upwards. And in front of me, I could see Jinx sitting on Silco's desk, spinning Sevika around in his chair that she had Sevika tied up in. The woman was slowly coming back to, but just before she could wake herself up, Jinx slapped her across the face.

          Jinx took in a deep breath, pulling Sevika closer and caressing her cheek, "I feel like you and I got off on the wrong arm."

          She pulled her knife out of Sevika's metal arm where the Shimmer used to be, "Maybe we should try the other."

          Sevika's eyes trailed the tip of the knife as Jinx dragged it to her real arm, pressing it against her skin.

          And then Sevika began chuckling, "No need. It's your sister."

         Jinx paused, pulling the knife away. I squirmed a little, trying to break free from the ropes holding me. And then I heard a soft scratching from the other side of the door--Squeaks.

          "She's back. She's looking for you. It's not what you think. She's with some girl enforcer. Guess she replaced you," Sevika grinned. My shoulders tightened up as my eyes squeezed shut, my head shaking from side to side uncontrollably. Images of the two women I had met earlier began flashing over, the picture of the tattoo on the pink-haired woman's cheek repeating itself over and over again through my head. Vi. Vi. Vi. And then I remember her blue eyes--the ones that resembled Jinx's.

          "You're lying!" Jinx cried as she pulled Sevika closer to put their faces inches away from one another. She stabbed the chair right beside Sevika's cheek, but it never even phased the woman.

         "Why bother?" Sevika chuckled back with a shake of her head. "Her back in town, it's only a matter of time before you implode and Silco finally gets the message that you're about as good for our cause as you were for your family."

          Sevika stole a glance back at me as my eyes whipped up to them, and she grinned before she spat out, "Jinx."

          Jinx paused before she began to sob, shaking her head some as Sevika grinned. And then she pretended to sneeze, pushing Sevika away and leaning back in the desk as the chair bounced against the wall behind her before rolling back towards Jinx. Sevika stared with wide eyes up at Jinx as she began smiling now.

          "Ten outta ten, toots!" Jinx giggled before getting up to her feet and standing in front of Sevika. "I think I know just how to deliver that message."

          She grabbed the side of the chair, beginning to spin her around until she got dizzy enough before passing out. Grinning, Jinx untied her before pulling her up and retying her to the ceiling. Dropping back to the desk, she picked up a few markers before writing all over Sevika. She wrote LIAR in many different places, giggling to herself when she drew on a blue mustache and pink circles around her eyes. Pulling away once she was finished, she looked down at me and her smile dropped. My blood ran cold as she stuck the knife into Silco's desk, turning away from me for one second to draw an arrow pointing up at Sevika before she dropped to the ground.

         "They're all liars, Mouse," Jinx began saying as she began walking up to me. Squeaks let out a cry from the other side of the door, frustrated that she couldn't reach me. I shrank back a little as she knelt down over my body, her face inches from mine as I pulled back and grimaced lightly. "Every single one of them... and they've lied to you, too."

         She pulled out a second knife, turning back and cutting the rope away from my boots. I panted slightly, watching her tilt her head down to me.

        "Your name isn't Mouse," she whispered as she cupped my cheek, making me flinch. "And you do have a mother. Her name was Bellatrix."

          I squeezed my eyes shut, lips curling together as pictures of the woman with golden eyes began flashing across my mind. While my body was stiffened up and my eyes were shut, Jinx had cut through the rope holding my wrists together before slipping out of the doors, leaving me alone. I trembled, feeling more tears begin rushing forward.

          "No," I whispered, shaking my head while swiping them away. "No!"

          A jaguar snarling in my ear made me flinch.

         "Silent as a mouse. Or else Bane might catch one."

          The image of a large jaguar cut through, and I fell onto all fours as I rubbed my forehead against the ground. Squeaks came rushing to my side, holding her front paws against my cheek as I sobbed and continued to cry.

          And then it was over.

          I was left trembling and shaking on the ground, Squeaks patting my cheek and squeaking up at me. I looked over at her but flinched when her face was surrounded by pink and blue flashing lights.

          "Come on," I whispered hoarsely, scooping her up in my hands while also rising to my feet. "Let's go."