Where It All Begins

"Now you may feel a pinch."

          My eyes bugged as I let out a scream, trying to lift my head up. But it was fastened to the table, a strap going across my forehead and neck. The man to my side slowly pulled out the needle from my shoulder, rubbing the injection shot with his eyes squinted down at me. The lower half of his face below his nose was covered by a thick cloth, and the right part of his face had been burned. But now it was beginning to heal up, turning pink and sunken in a little.

          "I understand this must be painful," the man mumbled as he went down to my left wrist. A sob broke out of my lips as I trembled on the table he had me laying on. "It's about to get worse."

            He injected purple liquid into my skin, my veins bulging. I let out another scream as I threw my head back against the table over and over again while trying to break free.

           "That's how a mouse survives."

            The odd woman's voice rang through my mind as I squeezed my eyes shut, continuing to cry and wreath in pain as the man pulled out the needle from my skin.

          "And when they have to--they'll bite."

            My teeth clenched together, my jaw tightening up as the man moved to my stomach. He injected me right above my belly button, and I felt my heart begin beating faster and faster by the second.

          "Silent as a mouse, remember?"

          The man grabbed my chin, snapping my eyes open as he pulled the cloth away from his mouth. The skin beneath was worse than the top of his head, with strips of cloth running across his mouth and hiding the holes of his cheeks.

          "You might survive after all," the man hummed as he began moving the last needle right towards my eye.

           "No," I trembled as I began trying to shake away from him. "NO!"

A/N: Smaller chapter but I didn't want to start off the next episode without writing this. This is Y/n going through something like Jinx did, and I feel like it's needed because it's really going to set up the next few episodes for Y/n's character development. And I might not be able to update as quickly as I have been so in advance I'm sorry! Just now it kills me every time I can't sit down and write to update!