Meet Violet and Powder

My little legs swung in the bar stool below me as I sipped on my juice contently. The Last Drop was like a second home to me since my mother was constantly bringing me along to visit the other children that lived here, but right now Mylo and Claggor were nowhere to be found. So I had the bartender give me my usual drink as I waited for my mother to get back. She was out with Vander, taking care of whatever business they usually did together. Which meant lots of blood. My mother was Vander's right-hand woman, sticking by his side even through his harshest years. She practically helped him build this small empire he had created down here.

          The doors to the Last Drop swung open, and I quickly whirled around in my seat to find my mother striding through with Vander's gauntlets in one hand. She threw them onto the bar top just beside me before scooping me up into her arms and swaddling me in a bear hug, making me giggle as a small squeak sounded from my pocket. Pulling away, my mother watched a small gray mouse climb out and to my shoulder, snuggling under my shoulder-length gray hair while twitching its pink nose her way.

          "Play nice," she whispered to me before turning around just in time for me to watch Vander step through the front. But my eyes quickly caught on the two figures swaddled up in his own arms, their heads perking up and observing their new surroundings with wide, tear-streaked eyes. The older one, I believe, had short pink hair that clung to her square face while the other had blue hair that was a little longer than the other girl's. But both had the same blue eyes, each one as curious as the other.

          My mother gently set me down to the ground as the mouse on my shoulder let out a nervous squeak, and I watched as Vander set the two girls down in front of me. My eyes moved up to Vander, and he gently nodded down at me while pushing the two girls forward.

          "Y/n, this is Violet and Powder... they're going to be staying with Vander for a little while," my mother said, and I immediately understood what she was saying. They were like Mylo and Claggor, orphans taken under the care of Vander.

          "Hi," I smiled as the mouse on my shoulder straightened up a little. The two girls in front of me seemed to look from the mouse to me, trying to connect the dots. "This is Whiskers--she's my friend."

          I gently plucked the mouse off my shoulder before holding her out to them with one hand. The pink-haired girl recoiled as her sister leaned forward, blue eyes wide on Whiskers as she stood up on her hind legs in my palm and let out another squeak.

          "Cool," the blue-haired girl whispered as she held out her hand, palm up. Whiskers immediately jumped into it, cuddling up to her burned skin as the little girl giggled. I smiled, looking at the younger girl before stealing a glance over at the other. Being this close I could tell she was my age, yet I was a little taller than her. Not by much, but still taller. She was smiling down at her little sister as she giggled, Whiskers climbing up her arm before perching on her shoulder and tickling her cheek with her nose.

          "Are we going to talk about what happened on that bridge?" my mother's voice carried over the three of us, and we looked over at the two adults that were standing off to the side.

          "What exactly happened?" Vander inquired while his eyebrow raised a little. I let out a little gasp, my eyes widening on two yellow orbs that began glowing just beyond my mother's side from the shadows. I knew exactly what that was--and wasn't too fond of it.

          "You left your gauntlets on that bridge," my mother began snarling with her teeth bared a little as the yellow orbs began moving forward. They soon grew fur, and then a large head slinked out from the corner of the bar to reveal itself. The large yellow jaguar began growling low in its throat as it curled itself around my mother's side, its back height reaching my mother's hip and showing off just how large it actually was. It was taller than me. "What are you thinking?"

          Vander stole a glance over at us children, and Whiskers jumped from the blue-haired girl's shoulder back to mine as we didn't dare tear our gazes away from them.

          "It's time... for peace," Vander mumbled before turning back to my mother. She sneered, obviously not liking that answer.

          "Y/n, let's go," she grunted as she swished around Vander and began walking out of the Last Drop. The jaguar snarled, moving around Vander as well and going after my mother.

          "But--" I began to argue but her fuming gold eyes landed on me... as well as the jaguar's. "Yes, Mother."

          "Bellatrix," Vander tried to reason as I began to hurry away from the other girls. But my mother ignored his pleas as she opened up the door, watching me slip through first before slamming the door shut after her and the jaguar.