48. dimples

048

048

Nearly two weeks had passed since Devora considered making plans with the rest of the group, in favor of having Hobi take a break from his job for some amusement of his own.

Even as the two weeks went on, he was still the same.

His father had stopped trying to reach out to him after about three times Devora declined, claiming Hoseok was busy, or in a meeting.

That was a good thing.

It was unmanageable for Devora to get a sense of what exactly was aggravating Hoseok. Anytime she would ask how he was doing, he promised everything was fine.

He blamed his attitude on stress, and that after every fashion show he's always stumped with work.

She still encouraged that they should all get together and hang out with the rest of the members, pouring her ideas to Jungkook; to which, he graciously agreed.

Agreeing with the idea to hang out at Namjoon's apartment.

Not about the part with Hoseok.

Anytime Devora would tell Jungkook about how Hoseok had been acting and expressed how concerned she was for him — Jungkook would insist that he was okay, not to worry about him.

Almost like he wasn't hearing her out.

Only she was the one who witnessed Hoseok's eyes roam around the room with pure oblivion, how timid he was whenever she would check up on him.

Hoseok wasn't being honest. Devora could taste his paranoia and erratic emotions.

His radiant lustrous attitude was being consumed by apprehension. It was like a black hole absorbing light and obliterating anything that tried to enter.

But, when she told him about getting together as friends again to unwind at Namjoon's place, there was a twinkle of enthusiasm that emanated in his pretty brown eyes.

Something she never knew she would yearn for if it vanished.

Devora fumbled with the ends of her loosely curled hair, thumb pressed against her lips as she stared out the passenger window.

It was nearing sunset, which was the best time to watch the sun emerge within the bumpy mountains, getting itself ready for yet another slumber.

Its lavish shining rays reflected, granting the sky with a tinge of orange and pink, a clear sky with no clouds that evening.

"It's not like you to be so quiet." A familiar gruff voice mingled with her thoughts.

She turned over to the driver, part of her lip pulled into a grin. "I'm sorry Jk, I was just thinking."

"If it's about Hobi hyung, I told you, he'll be okay." He repeated, the flickers of the turn signal co-singing with the hushed music that played.

"Okay but, he just— when I ask him how he's doing, he says he's okay." Devora shifted in her seat. "But, you know how you can just feel when somebody is lying? Yeah, I can feel it."