52. stay

052

052

Being with Jungkook was a form of ineffable ecstasy that was relative to the essence of
cloud nine; a place where her rapture never dissipated, where her laughs saw no limit.

So lively that even flowers could take life there, surviving solely off Devora's vibrant and warm emotions.

They always say good things always have an ending, that a chapter concludes in everyone's life, no matter how perfect it is.

Devora prayed that a rueful outcome like that would never transpire between her and Jungkook.

She had an immeasurable amount of confidence for him, trusting him with emotions that she used to keep in secrecy.

He pulled her in so effortlessly.

She could spend years with him, gliding like a sponge in his company, soaking up his enchantment and charisma.

Both of them stayed glued to her couch, not wanting to leave no matter how many hours had passed them that Sunday evening.

They couldn't get enough of each other, even after their devoted confession they created plans to hang out the next day, aching to spend every minute together.

Communicating with him was so natural, anytime silence would settle upon them, nobody had to rush to say anything out of embarrassment.

The silence was comforting.

Their silence.

Though, it wasn't completely quiet.

Hushed music still played through Bluetooth on Devora's record player.

There was the occasional sound of cars that raced past the large street where her complex was located.

"The turquoise in your hair is fading a bit, huh?" Studying his hair with taut eyes, reaching to brush one of the strands.

"It washes off so easily." He whined, watching her careful movement.

"I guess I'm gonna have to dye it again soon," Devora complained with rolling eyes, grinning at him.

"A different color next time."

"Oh, yeah? What color do you want?" Leaning her chin into her hand.

His lips went thin, reflective when he considered a new color. "I was thinking of a color close to mint green."

Her shoulders perked, head leaning off her palm. "Mint green?" She repeated his words. "That's a nice color, I think it would look great on you."

"I know." He gloated, shrugging.

Devora shoved his shoulder. "You're too self-obsessed." Trying to hide her laughter. "Did you always dye your hair? Or is this just a new thing?"

"I've dyed my hair in the past, but it was more natural colors, you know?" He pulled his phone out, "I'll show you. Just three years ago is when I started dying it different colors."