Chapter 45: Lies

(5 days later)
Leone's pov:

I woke up at 3am from my peaceful sleep to find no one near me.

"Where is Becky" I thought

I checked the bathroom and Asher's room to find no one. I then finally found her in the balcony.

She was sitting in the chair with her knees close to her chest backfacing me while seeing the beautiful moon with thousands stars twinkling in the dark sky.

If I would have been a painter I would have captured this beautiful sight infront of me and painted it.

I then slowly went near her and touched her arm making her flinch.

Then she turned towards me and I expected her face to glow in the beautiful moonlight but apparently she was crying.

I then hugged her and she sobbed in my chest making me rub her back and then I picked her up in bridal style and placed her in the bed.

"What happened, Love" I asked her softly. "I suddenly remembered my mom. Today is my Mother's 7th death anniversary" she said sadly.

I made a O face and then again hugged her layed beside her and there was silence for few seconds until she asked me "Can we go to my mom's grave tomorrow with Asher?".

"Of Course, Love" I replied and she just nodded her head and I said
"Sleep Now" and kissed her forehead and drifted to my dreamland.

Next Morning, We both woke up did our morning routine and dressed ourselves and we both sat in our car with Asher readily for visiting.

Then the driver started driving the car while me, Becky and Asher sat comfortably in the back.

I was holding Becky's hand tightly thinking that would give her some comfort.

But then I couldn't understand one thing. So to clarify it I asked her.

"Love, Why Father is not coming with us". She looked at me for brief seconds and replied....

"In this past 7 years, Dad has never visited mom's grave. He thinks that because of him she died".

"What!?, Because of him?" I asked in confusion. Then she replied "He is one of the best doctor but also he couldn't save my mom, he blames himself for her death".

I nodded my head, "That doesn't sound right" I thought.

I was in my thoughts when suddenly Becky said "Stop!" making me and the driver flinch.

I looked her for explanation but she just smiled little embarrassed and then got out of the car with Asher and then I realized we were near the flower shop.

She then bought different types of flowers in a single bouquet.

And then she finally came Into the car and we drove to the graveyard.

Becky cried while saying her all happiness and sadness to her mother while I was hugging her and Asher was looking at us in confusion.

After 30 minutes of her crying I wiped her tears and said "Love, Your mom will be happy and proud of you to see how brave her daughter is".

"I wish, Mom would have been their with me when I got married or when Asher was born. How could she die without even saying a goodbye to me".

"You know, the day before mom died we were soo happy. My mom didn't even look like she had cancer. She was soo happy" she said while crying her heart out.

"Now my suspicions are getting stronger" I thought.

I then gave her some alone time with her mother and was standing a bit far away from her.

I then called Jade "Jade, Find out about Becky's mother" I said.

He replied Okay and then after 15 minutes he called me again and said "Boss, Becky's mother died due to cancer that what it says in cause of death but there is no single medical record of her treatment or medicines".

"Fuck, I knew it. There is something else to the death of Becky's mother. Why is Father blaming himself?" I thought.

I was thinking when Becky came towards me and hugged me breaking my thoughts.

I kissed her forehead and we went home and the first thing I did was to visit Father.

I didn't knock but barged into his room to see him sitting in a leather chair with a photo near his chest while crying.

But when he saw me he wiped his tears and stood up placing the photo in the table and it was Becky's mother's photo.

"Sorry for your loss, Father" I said and hugged him and he hugged me back and patted my back.

Then we settled down in silence and I then broke the silence and said "Father, Becky's Mom died due to cancer" I said and he nodded.

"But there is no single record of her treatment or medication?" I asked in a serious tone.

He looked at me with his eyebrow raised and said "I deleted all the records"

"Why!?" I asked "Because, I didn't want anyone find out especially Becky" he replied.

"Lies" I shouted making him flinch
"You are lying, Father. You are hiding something" I said and then he replied
"Are you crazy, Leone. Why would I lie about my own wife".

"Only You know that, Father" I said and went out the room.

I was walking towards my room in anger when I bumped into Aunt Veronica.

Aunt Veronica hit my chest and fell down and some bottle in her hand also fell down and scattered.

I then helped her to get up and she immediately took the bottle and it had pills.

She muttered a "Fuck" and started grabbing the pills while I helped her.

After grabbing it she immediately left in a hurry Making me confused.

What was that pill?
Mainly For whom Is that pill for?

I then walked into my room and took some rest and after 4 hours I went to the kitchen was about to go inside when I saw Father pulling Aunt Veronica somewhere in pure anger.

I just want to know what is between them?

After making sure they both have gone I sneaked into the kitchen to see a cup broken and tea spilled in the middle of the kitchen.

And there was the same pill lying in the ground. I took the pill from the ground and took a photo and sent it to Jade for finding out what type of pill this is.

Aunt Veronica is definitely gonna be dead if this pills is bad....

************************************
Thank you for reading my story.

Thank you for 18k+ reads.
I am soo happy in just 1 week more than 8k reads.

Thanks for all the lovely people supporting me.

Again...This story Is a fast progressive and a complicated story.

If any doubt please Comment down.

Please Vote and Comment
Check out my new story
"Billionaire's Attractive Girl"
For romantic lover...

Byee~~😈💋