Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chris~

“So what's the chosen one?" Rey asks me as I make my way toward my office.
“Something stupid that you don't have to worry about. Hey have you gotten your weeding dress?" I ask her hoping to change the subject.
“No. I'm just going to wear a plain dress. You know how much I hate to go clothes shopping! Ugh at the store for hours? No thank you!" She says as she sits down on one of the couches in the office.
“Rey, babe you should go by a dress. Its our only wedding. Plus you need to look very nice. I wouldn't say anything if it was a small thing. But the whole pack will be here. So well your family and friends. And also I just found out some of the neighboring Alpha's want to attend the wedding. So you will be seen much. I actually have some people getting some of the smaller cabins outside ready for some guest." I tell her and she frowns at me.
“I thought it was going to be a small intimate gathering. Just family and a few friends." She says with a pout.
“It started that way. But now it seems that a lot of important people want to come." I tell her as I give her forehead a quick kiss.
“I don't want to go shopping."  She whines.
“I know you hate to shop. But you can take my mom and Alexis. That would be fun right?"
“I guess. Please tell me your mom isn't the kind of women that loves to shop."
“I don't think so. To make it better I'll give you my credit card. So you can by your dress and go out and eat with the girls."
She frowns. “No I have my own money." She says when I try handing her my card. She pushes my hand away and I playfully growl at her. Why does she not like using my money?
“Better get use to this Rey. When we get married your account will be full." I tell her as she stands from her chair.
“I won't touch a single dime from there. I have my own money." She says with a smile.
“Which is good. But you will still use our money." I challenge her as I pull her to my chest. She giggles and smacks my chest. I catch her hand around her wrist and look down at her.
“We both will know that our money will be your money. I don't want people thinking I'm with you for the money. Plus I like to be independent." She says seriously.
“No one person will think that. And I like that you are independent. But being independent and stubborn are two different things."
She playfulls growls at me. “Okay whatever. Just let me go so I can get this horrible shopping day over." She says with a pout.
I let her go with a kiss to her lips. “Ugh I have to buy shoes, the dress and do my nails. I can't say I don't like the massage they give when doing your toenails but still its shopping." She whines as roll my eyes at her.
“You know your going to have fun so stop complaining." I tell her as she makes a disgusted face.
You need to go get a hair cut and a tux." She says with a glare as she leaves the office.
I hear get on the phone and I'm guessing its to call Alexis.
Her friend is something different. I don't really like that girl but I'll put up with her behavior since Rey seems to love her.  So I'll put up with her for Rey's sake.
I sit in my desk at power on the laptop. I read some emails and am about to turn it off when my inbox rings.
The subject reads:
My daughter.
And a shiver runs through me...

Rey~
“This dress is the one. And I will not try anything else on." I tell Ann and Alexis. Lily is somewhere in the store looking for dresses for me to try on.
These three girls are the worst to be shopping with. They want me to try every dress on. And we've been here for three agonizing hours.  And we have only been shopping for the dress. We still need to go get shoes.
“Come one Rey! This is fun!" Alexis whines.  I shot a cold glare at her and she quickly shuts up.  Ann just laughs and Lily comes with three dress in her arms.
“Go put those up. This is the dress. I will not try anything else on." I tell her and she sticks her bottom lip out. Surprisingly Lily has become sort-of-like a friend. Its odd and I'm always watching her making sure she doesn't have a evill intention. I don't like being alone anywhere with her either. And Alexis doesn't trust her either but she hides it very good. Better then me. “We still need to go shoe shopping and if we continue we won't be able to go do our nails. And the. We won't be able to go eat. And I'm hungry." I tell them trying to persuade them.
“Okay fine." Ann says after a few seconds of silence. “Go take the dress of then we can all leave." She says and I smile at her. Finally they listen to me.
“Okay I'll change quickly, then pay and we can finally leave!" I tell them dramatically.
Ann just laughs and shoos me into the changing room. Alexis follows me along with a sale lady and they help me out if the big puffy dress. It is at least 3 feet of puffieness, it has thick straps picking it up. The top had a medium size V going to the middle of my breast. The multi reflecting diamonds are very shine under any little light. And I love that the back has buttons all the way up my back and a see through lace on the back.
After I get out the dress the lady who's name I can't remember takes the dress to wrap, and pack for me. I quickly change into my leggings and huge shirt. One of the reasons for getting a very puffy dress is so that the baby bump can be hidden.
I just hope the baby bump doesn't grow again. I have one more day to get through before the wedding. And in very nervous about my grandparents coming. The whole pack is more on edge about them coming. They even seem to be more nicer to me since learning that I'm their granddaughter. I shake my head trying to get all these thoughts out.
When I step out changing room I see Ann and Lily holding the dress.
“Okay let's go!" Ann says as she heads toward the door with the dress in her arms.
“Wait, Ann!" I call her over to me not being able to believe she was about to take it without paying it. “I still need to pay for that." I explain to her as I reach to pull out my debt card.
“Darling please! As if your going to pay for this dress. Christopher sent me with specific rules to not let you pay for the dress." She says with a smile. She turns saying by to the sale's lady who smiles warmily to me and Ann.
I stand there staring after the women and she continues to leave the building. I snap back to reality and catch up to the two Sullivan women.
“What do you mean Chris gave rules?" I ask Ann. Lily opens the the back of the Suburban with a click of the key remote.
“Yeah he said you were to stubborn to let him pay the dress. So I'm here to make sure his card gets used." She says with a smile.
“Thats nice and all Ann but I don't want to use Christopher's money. I have my own money and I'd rather-"
“Oh Rey," Ann cuts me off. “You need to get use to the fact that you will be marrying Christopher meaning what's his is yours. And vice-versa. And you need to get use to the fact that you will now be the number two riches Luna in the world. Number being your grandma. But since your part of their family your going to be pretty rich." She says.
“Yeah just get use to it now." Lily says as she gets into the suburban.
“I like being independent. Is that a bad thing?" I ask them. As we all get into the truck.
“No its not. And you have no idea how thankful that you are that kind of lady. But you need to compromise with him." Ann says as she pulls out the parking space.  “So where to now?"
“Lets go to DSW!" Alexis squeals. Ann nods and makes her way to the nearest DSW.