Chapter Nine

Rey~

I look at my ring for the millionth time.

I can't believe he gave me a ring!!!

Chris has made us a fruit salad to eat for lunch. He says he doesn't want to be blamed for my weight gain anymore. Its thoughtful of him and he's also agreed to workout with me.

"So you gonna go for a run with me tomorrow right?" I ask him as we begin to eat.

"Yeah of course." He says. Two people that live at his house come into the kitchen and grab some snacks and leave.

"Chris, why do so many people live in your house or come in with out knocking?" I look at him and I see his face expression change.

"Rey honestly its nothing their just close family friends." He says as he stuffs his mouth.

"Christopher, you know you can tell me anything. I won't flip out. I really care about you. I love you. And I promise to not leave you. But you need to be more open with me. You don't have to tell me everything right now. But promise me you'll tell me everything one day in the future. Please?" I plead to him as I look at him. He chuckles and nods his head. "I promise. Just as long as you keep your promise of never leaving me." He says.

"Of course. I promise." I tell him.

.

.

.

.

Chris~

I wake up and head out to the woods. When the trees cover me I shift instantly and begin to run. I hear everyone in the packs thoughts. Well everyone that hasn't kept their thoughts private.

I hear my dad and mom discussing issues about Lily. Apparently they want her to go to college but she is refusing. So now my mom wants to bribe her. But knowing my sister she'll get what she wants, go yo college and just party and blow off the classes. I hear Mike talking to his mate. Seems like their kids birthday is coming up. I stop in front of a creek and lay down looking at my huge fluffy, furry reflection. I huff and a little ripple goes over the water.

Why does she have to go? I wonder. Why can't she see I'm her mate and that she needs to be with me? Rey is leaving in a few days and honestly there is nothing I can do to stop her. I don't want to ruin her dreams but I worry that I can't protect her. I though of going with her but then who'll take care of the pack? I have responsibilities here! And now she wants me to be truthful to her. I mean I should be, but I'm scared she'll freak out when she finds out I'm a wolf! And then how do you tell your girlfriend that your a freaking wolf?!?! I can just see her flippin' out and running to the hills. I don't want to lose her. But how do I tell her. I hear branches breaking and I look up and see my wonderful mate looking at me. Well me as my wolf form. She looks amazed. Her eyes big and round, her hazel green/brown eyes show surprise. She takes out her phone and starts to take pictures. I stand up straight and smell a whole tooth smile. I walk into the water wanting to get closer to her. She doesn't look scared but that doesn't surprise me either. My baby isn't afraid of anything. Every time we go see a movie for a date she always picks a scary, bloody movie.

I finally reach her and she makes her way slowly to me.

"Hey there boy, how are you?" She coons at me I whine and she looks sad. "Are you hurt?" She asks my wolf. I softly yelp and she chuckles. "Its okay. I bet a big wolf like you can take care of yourself. You are pretty big. Your easily 5'6! You could eat me! But I have a feeling you won't hurt me." She says as her hand reaches my fur and she begins to pet me. I look at her hand and lick it. She giggles and pulls her hand away. I sniff her hand as she pulls it away.