Chapter Eighteen

Rey~

“I bet Uncle James knows something! But why didn't he tell me anything? He had to have known my parents. He has pictures of them. Is he really my uncle?" I ask Chris as I pace the room. I feels so suffocated in this room. I need fresh air. I walk out to the balcony and take a deep breath.

I look around I see how beautiful it is. But even all this beauty can't stop me from worrying. I place my hand on my bump. Chris comes and wraps his arms around my waist, he spins me around to face him and leans against the rail fencing.

“Rey, babe you need to calm down. All this worrying is going to cause you stress. And that's not good for the baby.” he says as he kisses my forehead.

“Christopher I wish I could calm down. But tell me, how would you feel to find out that your life could be a whole lie! I need answers. But I don't know....Chris I...I... I feel so alone." I begin to fall apart. I feel my whole subconscious fall apart. I don't know anything about my self! Im not who I though I was. I'm not a plain human that has a perfect A honor roll for all school years. I'm not a human that wants to join the air force. I'm not human!

Chris ~

Rey crumples right in front of me and it hurts to see her this way. She's a wet sobbing mess and I know this is partially my fault. Not partially completely!

“Oh Rey please don't cry. You are not alone. You have me. I will always be here to be your rock. I'm here to protect you. And I'll help you get answers." I tell her as I rock her gently.She sniffles and looks up at me.

“Really?" She asks me.

“Really really." I tell her with a smile. She grins at me and then gives me a soft kiss on my lips.

We stand there in silence and I fell happy to have her, my whole life, in my arms again.

“Chris," she gasps. “My dad is up to no good. What if he's also trying to come after me?"

“I don't know babe. But if he is he won't get near you. I promise that." I tell her as I kiss the top of her head.

.

.

.

.

.
Rey~

“All I want is answers. And I promise to be careful. Plus Christopher is going to be there to take care of me." I tell Stefano and Margo.

“Well I don't feel comfortable with letting you out." Margo says.

“Ha!" I snicker. She looks at me and lifts her eyebrow. “Let me rephrase that. I'm not asking. I'm telling you that I am going." I tell her with a glare.

“Margo please be quite. We don't own her." Stefano says as he turns toward us.

“My dear, even though we'd like to keep you here forever we know we can't. So thank you do telling us that you are going on your way. Will you be coming back?" He asks me.

“Yes. I will. I just need to talk to my uncle. And then me and Christopher will discuss things. But I will come back." I tell him. I decide right there and then that I will not do what my mother did to them. I don't think they can take anymore heart break. And plus their that only blood family I have left.

“Okay. I do ask one thing of you if its not to much to ask." He says as be presses a button on his chair. I look at him curiously.

“Yes?" I ask him.

“I would feel more at peace if you took Rick with you. After all he is your assigned guardian."

“Absolutely not!" Growls Chris. It surprise me because he's been quite this whole time. I turn to look at him and he looks pissed.

“Chris. Please calm down." I tell him as I turn to my grand- I mean Stefano. “Of course. We'll be leaving now." I tell him. He looks at me sadly and Margo does to. Stefano simply nods his head. I turn and walk out the room with Chris behind me.

.

.

.

I climb in the truck and Chris close my door. He gets in and turns to me.

“Are you okay?" He asks.

“Yeah just can't wait to get home." I answer truthfully he begins to drive and I see on the side mirror Rick following us...

A/N
Hey please vote and comment. And share my story around! The more comments and likes I get the more I feel like updating quicker. And hope y'all have a wonderful New Years! Have fun but also more importantly be safe!