Chapter Fourty-One

Chris~

"She doesn't feel safe here. And honestly neither do I." I tell my family while were eating. I keep thinking about what Rey text me last night.
"That's understandable, she's pregnant and as a mother you want to make sure your children are well protected." Mom says.
"Chris, this is just a small slip from security." My dad says with a sigh.
"Dad a small slip is someone getting attached while on patrol. But a boy getting shred to pieces is not a small slip!"
"Dad's just saying that cause he thinks your overreacting." Lily say while sipping her orange juice.
"That doesn't surprise me." I tell her.
My dad glares at me while eating his food.
"So what I want to tell y'all is that I'm moving. I want to take my wife somewhere that she feels safe. I don't want her to stay somewhere that she fears."
"You can't leave your pack." My dad says angrily.
"I'm not leaving my pack. I'm just taking my wife away from here. I'll still come back here."
"How would that work? What are you going to do about protection? These grounds are the only safe place for you two!"
"Dad calm down. I'm doing this for my wife. And don't worry about protection. I talked to Stefano last night."
"What about?" My mom asks. "Your not moving in with them are you?"
"No mom. Its just I don't trust all of our security. So I asked if he could send some of his guards." I explain.
"You don't trust your own pack! What the hell is wrong with you Christopher?!?" My dad yells.
Why can't I ever have a normal conversation with him?
"Dad lower your voice." I say with a sigh. "And right now its a little hard to trust all my pack with what happened this week."
"This is stupid." My dad mummers.
"I don't think it is dad. I don't feel safe here either." Lily says softly.
"Lily your just saying that because your brother is making a huge deal out of this."
"No dad. I'm not. I'm honestly scared. What happened to Jason wasn't right. Even if he was a mole. We all have a right to live."
"Where are you moving to?" My mom asks me.
"I don't know yet. I want to go look for a house today. I want to find the perfect one." I tell her.
"Are you taking Rey with you?"
"No, she's at her friends house. I'll just try to find one that she'll like."
"How many guards is Stefano sending?"
"He said twenty perimeter guards. And ten body guards."
"Thats a lot of men." She says with a frown.
"Yes it is. But he assured me that they have a lot more."
"Okay, well I'm glad your trying to keep your mate happy and also making sure your family is safe."
"Thanks mom, for everything." I tell her and she smiles.
"I don't like the idea of you leaving your pack." My dad says again.
"I'm not leaving the pack."
"Who's gonna take charge of the pack while your gone?"
"Mike will. He's second in command."
"I don't like him."
"Dad you don't like anyone."
"That's not true. I like your mom and Rey."
"If you like my wife then why are you upset about us moving?" I ask him.
"Because you'll be abandoning your responsibilities."
"My responsibility is my family. Meaning Rey and my children."
"So were not family anymore?"
"Dad your family is mom, Lily and myself. But now that I have a wife and we're about have kids they now become my family. Does that make sense?"
"Ignore your father Chris. He's just going to miss you. That's why he's acting this way." My mom says with a smile.
"I'm not gonna miss him! I'm glad he's leaving."
"That's his way of saying he's gonna miss you." Lily says with a nod.
"Bullshit! I'm okay. I'm just thinking about his pack! His responsibilities!" My dad says.
"Inside he's crying." My mom says with a grin.
"His heart is slowly ripping into millions of pieces." Lily says with a fake sniff.
"Fuck this, I don't need to be taking y'alls crap." My dad says as he gets up and leaves the table.
"We got'em good." My mom says nodding at Lily.
I just roll my eyes at them and continue to eat my food.

Rey~

I keep hoping that Chris will reply to my text but he hasn't.
He probably fell asleep.
I don't think so...