Chapter Forty-Four

Chris~

I hate having to leave Rey alone at home but I know she'll be fine. I'm sure my mother and sister will like to stay and open all the gifts she received at the baby shower. I look around the living room and see a lot of baby stuff everywhere. I hope its stuff we'll actually need and not just junk. Making my way into the kitchen I see some cake on the counter. I look around, listen carefully and only grab a piece of the cake with my hand when I'm sure no one but the guards are up and wondering around the grounds. I lick my fingers clean and make my way back upstairs.

Pushing the door open softly I see that Rey is still asleep peacefully on her side. Looking closely I can see that the babies are moving and in the process waking their mom up. I quickly make my way to her and begin to try to calm the babies by talking to them.

"Be still my little ones. Let your mom get some rest. She hasn't been sleeping good lately with y'all always moving." They become still and Rey lets out a sigh before snuggling into her pillows. I smile and get up. I take in how gorgeous she looks. Don't get me wrong my wife is gorgeous but you cant began to imagine how much more gorgeous a woman can get when their carrying your child. And I'm so blessed that Rey is giving me three in one! I smile and take out my phone and snap a picture of her.

Checking my phone I see that I have a text from my dad, saying to hurry back to the pack house. I quickly go to take a shower.

Rey~

Waking up I look around and stretch. Laying back down and looking up I hear Chris in the shower. He's softly singing a odd song. Frowning I get up and put my ear on the door trying to hear better. Right when I put my ear on the door it opens and a wet Chris stands over me looking at me with a goofy face.

"What are you doing?" he asks. Thanks to him opening the door right when I was going to place my ear on the door, now my ear is on his chest. I clear my throat and remove myself from his chest standing up straight.

"Making sure an intruder wasn't in here."

"In our bedroom?" 

"They could be anywhere."

"Okay, why are you up so early?" He asks.

"I'm hungry or need to use the restroom. I don't know its up to the babies. "

"I say food." He says with a smile.
"Are you cooking?"

"For you anything." He says as he grabs my hand and kisses it. "but first I need to get dressed." He makes his way to the walk in closet and in a few minutes comes out in blue jeans and a red and black checkered flannel. He gets my robe from the stand next to the bed and helps me put it on.
"Don't want you to catch a cold." He says taking my hand and pulling me after him.

In the kitchen he begins to take stuff out the fridge and turns the stove on. I sit and watch him move around. The kitchen begins to smell good and soon we are joined by his mom and sister.

"Something smells good!" Ann says sitting next to me and kissing my cheek.

"Agreed mom." Lily says sitting on the counter.

"Please get your lazy ass off my counter." Chris tells her. She just sticks her tongue out at him before getting off and sitting on one of the stools.

“So why is Chris cooking?" Ann asks.

“Well my wife is hungry." He says before taking out the waffle maker.

WE'RE GETTING SOME FUCKING WAFFLES!?!?!? YESSS! I chuckle at my Wolf's immature side and roll my eyes.