Chapter Fourty-Five

Chris~

“Christopher wake up," my father hollers knocking on the door. “You have important things to attend to." I groan and look at my surroundings remembering I'm back at the packs house. I look at the side clock and realize I've only slept for five hours.

Stepping outside after breakfast Mike fills me in on what I have to do and first thing is border patrol. Shifting I begin to make my way. Wondering about Rey. I called before going to bed and my mom had informed me she was deep in sleep. I know she's upset with me not being home but can't she understand I have to work?
  Making my way back home I see Lily and my mom in the living room.
“Y'all back?" I ask.
“Of course dear, we wanted Rey to have time alone. She's probably tired of us always being there." My mom says.
“Was Alexis there?" My mom shakes her head in response.
“Rey needs a dog so she won't be alone." Lily says with a smile. “Never mind your enough right?" She asks me and laughs
“Your a dog to, but technically you'd be called a b-"
“No bickering this early in the morning." Mike calls out as he walks into the room. “Chris, you have to go help out with the training Derrick is sick today and I think it'd be good if you replace him. You know go meet the new shifters."
“Sounds wonderful." I say leaving.

Rey~

“Are you okay?" Rick asks.

“Please not you too!" I whine as I push myself deeper into the couch.

“What'd I do?"  He asks confused as he plops on the seat opposite to me.

“Ann all day kept asking me if I was okay? If I was feeling alright? It gets annoying I just want peace and quiet. Is that to much to ask for?!?"

“Say no more, say no more. I'll be quiet. I'm just gonna go make me a snack. Was there food left over? It smelled really good in here but Chris told me to stay away cause baby shower food was only for the women and that made me sad because-"

Rick just shut up! Yes there is left over." I nearly yell at him.

“Okay, geez I'm sorry." He leaves me alone and heads into the  kitchen. I begin to get comfortable which is really hard since I have three human beings inside of me. Looking down at my whale size stomach I frown. “Just get out of me already!" I whine. I feel a kick as if one of them saying no...great.
After moving for a few minutes I find a comfortable spot and right when I'm about to sleep I have to go pee. And then a loud bang comes from the kitchen scaring me to the point that I almost pee on myself.
“Damn you Rick!" I call as I get up and waddle to the restroom.

Coming out I begin to hear more loud noises from the kitchen and I decided to go check it out.
“Dammit Rick what the he'll are you doing?"
My hand is on the door when I hear a loud scream and then a snap. A nasty sound. Pushing the door open I see Rick standing over two lifeless bodies on the ground. I notice cuts along his face and a slash on his cheek. Frozen I stand there just staring. Rick turns and begins to talk when a loud bang is heard in the entrance.
Rey! Get moving!" Rick yells and pulls me behind him.
“I can't run dammit!" I yell at him. Groaning he bends down and picks me up bridal style and runs down the hallway. The movement isn't good I don't feel good.
Suck it up! My wolf growls. Looking over Ricks shoulder I see the front door is knocked down. Rick turns and goes into his room. Setting me down he turns to lock the door.

“Rey listen to me carefully," he says as he takes my face in his hands and looks me in the eyes. I nod and listen. Noises of people running around the house are loud around us. “in my closet there is a hidden door behind the shoe racks. The pin is 2738. Repeat the code to me." He says.
“2738." I stutter out.
He nods before continuing. “Open it. Get in there its an underground tunnel to exit the house. Remember to push the button on the inside to your left. It will close the door behind you and the shoe rack. There is a small back pack to the left of the tunnel it has a flashlight and a phone call Chris and let him know what going on. Go Rey. Take care. Keep those babies safe." He's interrupted when someone slams the door. Rick gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and pushes into the closet. “Go Rey, I'll keep them away as much as I can. Run and don't look back." He says.
Tears are running down my face. And I shake my head. “Come with me Rick. You can help me get further away. Stay with me!" I tell him clinging onto him.
He pulls me off of him and shakes his head.
“You have to go Rey. This is what I was born for. To protect you with my life. I'm not your mate but I'm your guardian. This is my destiny. You have more and a lot to live for. Just go now. Don't make this harder. Your like my little sister. I'm hear to protect you." He says giving me a weak smile. He dries my tears and pushes me a little harder this time. “Go, Rey. I'll see you again. One day we'll meet again."  

Chris~

I don't feel good. Something isn't right... Something isn't right... I keep trying to think if I'm missing something.
Walking back home Mike comes running to me.
“Chris we have to go to your house and fast." He says. Behind him I see many of our guards getting in trucks and driving off.
“Whats going on? Is Rey okay?" I ask.
“She called and said there was a raid going on there. Rick was the last one standing she says. I hope that's not true."
I knew something wasn't right...

Rey~

Dammit. I thought as I made my way through the tunnel. Why does the phone have to always die?!? Giving up on the damn phone I through it to the ground and continue the path.
What's gonna happen to Rick? My wolf asks.
I don't know... I feel one of the babies kick and I rub my hand over the spot.
“I know baby, I know. Its okay we'll make it out of here soon enough. Mommas trying."

After more minutes of walking I'm out of breath and tired. I find a big flat rock and decide to sit on it. Taking out a protein bar from the back pack I begin to tear into it. I take a drink from the water bottle and set it back into the back pack and breath in deeply.
“She might be gone already. We're wasting time." I hear a voice faintly say. Dammit they found us...
“We can't stop looking. Not until we find her. You know what our orders were. 
I quickly get up and continue to walk. I need to get away from here. As I begin to walk I feel water make its way down my legs. A lot of water.
“No, no no." I whine. “not now." I cry.

“Did you here that?" One of the voices asks.
“Yep." The other one replies.

Rey let us shift. I can help.
That's not going to do anything! I've never shifted before.
Its worth a try! We have to protect ourselves
No!

The feet of our followers are louder.

Let me help.
No. I don't want the babies to be in danger.
They will be if you don't let me help!
No. Stand down.

A light flashes down on us and I know we've been found. A pain erupts from my stomach and I scream out in pain. The babies are moving to much...

“Help, their coming!" I scream. I fall to the ground and pain comes from my back. I scream out again. I felt something crack.
CHRISTOPHER!” I scream.

I'm sorry Rey but I known I can helpAnd with that she tries to push through. I fight back for control.
No! NO NO!!!” I yell at her. I can feel my body start shacking. The pressure of the babies going down trying to get out. Her shifting is making them have no space. Its hurting them. My babies...
HELP ME!" I yell at the two people that will probably kill me. But there the only ones that can help. “SAVE THEM! SAVE MY BABIES!" I feel myself wonder off... I hear nothing... Feel nothing...nothing but my babies moving, fighting for a chance of life...my little babies...

And then darkness...

The End...

****A/N
Hope y'all enjoyed. Any questions? Feel free to ask. But this is the end of this book. Not the story but yes to this book.