Ch-1: Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ & A Nᴇᴡ Cᴀʀ

Before time began, there was the Cube.

We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born.

For a time, we lived in harmony, but like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil.

And so began the war, a war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death, and the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy, hoping to find it and rebuild our home, searching every star, every world.

And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called Earth.

...But we were already too late.

~*~*~

"Mr. Martin, you're up."

It was just another typical day of highschool for Braedey Martin. Currently, he was in class addressing his fellow classmates as he got ready to present.

Braedey is an average-everyday 17-year-old boy. He is a young male with pale white skin, short jawline-length brown hair, and cobalt blue colour eyes. He stands 5ft tall, whilst his body is skinny, has broad shoulders, lean legs and arms. He is wearing a white shirt with a blue denim jacket overtop, as well as jeans and black boots.

 He is wearing a white shirt with a blue denim jacket overtop, as well as jeans and black boots

"Sorry, I've got a lot of things here." Braedey apologised as he dumped his satchel full of various things. Books, papers, and other things. "Okay, for my family-"

Braedey then got hit in the neck by a pebble or a piece of paper. The students snickered as the teacher Mr. Hosney stood up to see who's responsible.

"Who did that?" Mr. Hosney demanded. "People! Responsibility." He sat back down as Braedey continued his story.

"Right, for my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on my grandfather, Captain Jackson Archibald Witwicky Martin." Braedey now pulls out some papers. "He had a plan to travel forth into the depths of the land of Antarctica, the most inhospitable land in the world. His intention of this expedition is to find something he had found on a scanner. He theorised it could possibly be something that can change our world forever." He then shows a map of Antarctica. "In 1977, he took 50 brave men on this expedition straight to the Antarctic, going forth into the frozen wasteland."

"Here, we have some of the basic instruments and tools used by those who travelled into the Antarctic." Braedey held up an ice axe. "This ice axe, useful for the South Pole. There's also some heavy gloves, all of which you can get for 80 bucks. All for sale, by the way."