Ch-42: Aʟʟ Tᴀʀɢᴇᴛs Nᴏᴡ

After getting away from the industrial estate and out onto the highway, getting as far from Cemetery Wind and the Cybertronian bounty hunter, Optimus Prime, Elita-One, and Knockout drove on at speed to cover as much ground as they can.

"There is an abandoned fuelling station 78 miles from here. We will arrive there by sundown. I advise all of you to get some sleep. I do not know when you will next have an adequate opportunity." Optimus informed to the others.

"Acknowledged, Optimus." Knockout answered back.

"Let's keep the metal to the pedal." Elita said to the others.

Braedey and Henry both shuffled down in their seats. The former turned around. "Daphne, you alright? You ain't hurt?" She shook her head and sniffed.

"I'm fine, Dad. But Lucas... we just left him!" Daphne broke into soft cries. Braedey puts a hand on her shaking shoulder. She leaned into his shoulder, her hair damp with sweat from the mad escape from Cemetery Wind.

"I'm sorry." Braedey sighs, Daphne continuing to weep quietly. "But he betrayed us for money. We have to be careful around those we know and around us. You should sleep for a while – we'll be driving for at least an hour or longer." Braedey suggested.

Daphne looks around the sleeper hesitantly. "Optimus, won't you mind?"

Optimus' voice resonated through the cab. "I do not mind in the slightest, Daphne. Sleep for as long as you like."

"Thank you, Optimus." Daphne laid down on the worn mattress, bringing her knees up to her chest. Her blue eyes closed, and her breathing slowed to a regular, steady rhythm, letting the motion of Optimus' driving lull her to sleep.

"Optimus, what's the rendezvous for us?" Knockout now asked as he drove alongside.

"The rendezvous point we have set up is in Monument Valley in Arizona, about 1,000 miles away from our position. It should take us about a day or two to get there." Optimus answered to him. "By possibility, we may come across more Autobots."

"I see... good plan." Knockout mused.

"It's the only plan we've got." Elita spoke up. "Let's keep moving."

"Optimus and Elita are right. We must keep moving ahead." Braedey agreed, Optimus driving on ahead.

~*~*~

Eventually, the group arrived at the gas station which was eerily quiet

Eventually, the group arrived at the gas station which was eerily quiet. There was nobody in sight. Knockout and Elita rolled ahead of Optimus, just as Braedey, Daphne, Ravage, and Henry all climbed out of his cab.

Optimus transformed, his right hand coming down in a hard punch on the ground. "My deepest sympathies, for the loss of your friend." He said sincerely to the humans.