Ch-39: Aɴ Uɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ Fɪɴᴅ

The next morning, it was another average day for Braedey, driving in his pickup truck. He was going to an old theatre that's going to be torn down and be turned into more commercial housing or a new store, and Braedey was going to go see if he could get his hands on some old junk to try and make it into new art.

Braeddy made it into town where he parked up and saw his friend, Lucas Flannery, park up his Mini Cooper and walk out.

Braedey grabbed his bag and got out of the truck. "You know, there aren't many tsunamis in Texas for you to surf, Lucas." He called to Lucas. 

"Har har." Lucas fake laughed. "Waves are flat and I got no gas. You know that, Braedey." Lucas stopped as a bug truck drives past him nonstop. "Dude. Rude. Look at these two junebugs. My, my!" Lucas gestured to two beautiful women that walk past. "Please tell me you're paying me on this one, Braedey?" He asked.

"Lucas, most guys these days are just happy to even have a job at all." Braedey retorted. "Besides, you know that when this old junk is reconfigured into modern and unique art, it'll make money for us."

Lucas shrugged. "I guess so."

"Don't guess. I know it will." Braedey interjected.

Braedey now motioned for Lucas to follow as they walk up to the large, trashed movie theatre. Outside, they see a middle-aged with his grandfather.

Lucas shook his hand. "Hey, Lucas Flannery."

The two men then lead both Braedey and Lucas into the theatre. "Place has been in the family since '28." The man stated. "Granddaddy ran it all his life. Ain't that right, Granddaddy? Real soon, he's going to sign it over to me."

"The movies nowadays, that's the trouble. Sequels and remakes, bunch of crap." The old man added. "Oh, I love that one."

"He's deaf and senile."

"Heard that." The first man called.

~*~*~

Braedey and Lucas soon enter the main theatre. The seats were worn, the art starting to fade or peel off the walls, and the lights were dusty and unusable.

"I remember this place when I was a kid." Lucas mused while he reminisced as he looked to Braedey. "How many girls did you bring to a movie theatre with you?" He asked.

Braedey chuckled. "There was only one girl for me, and the was my whole world. You know that." He then spots a football. "Hey, Lucas! Think fast!" Braedey throws the football to him, but it merely hits Lucas in the head, knocking him back. "And you constantly tell me why you wondered you never made varsity." Braedey muttered with a chuckle.

Lucas shook his head before smirking and grabbing the football. "Alright. Go long." Lucas throws the football, only for it to hit the chair in front of him and it broke some glass.

Braedey clicked his tongue as he shook his head. "Nice." He muttered. 'Just like how Bulkhead and Ironhide did lobbing back on the base.' He thought, a light chuckle coming from him.

As they continued to look about for anything, Braedey spotted something hiding in the back. He made his way over to see it's a rusted 1973 Marmon Cab-over truck, the body rusted across it with faded flames on the doors, and there's even a huge hole in the front grille, the windshield broken in places, the wheels rusted.