Ch-35: Tʜᴇ Aᴜᴛᴏʙᴏᴛs Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ?!

The next morning, Braedey joins up with Mearing and sees Lennox and several other military leaders including the joint chiefs of staff onscreen.

"Combatant Commands are now at DEFCON 1." Colonel Sharp stated.

"Approximately 200 Decepticons are now in hiding." Lennox informed next to them. "Energon detectors have been triggered as far away as South Africa and China."

"We have an encrypted audio file from Sentinel Prime." Sharp now added in as the audio file began to play.

"Defenders of Earth, we have come for your natural resources to rebuild our damaged planet. When we have transported all we need, we will leave your world in peace. For such peace to exist, you must immediately exile the Autobot rebels you have harbored. Nonnegotiable. Renounce the rebels. We await your reply."

Braedey approached the Director as she packed her things. "We'll debrief you in transit."

"I don't see how I'll be able to help considering-" Braedey began.

Mearing puts her hand on Braedey's shoulder to stop him. "I should've heeded your warning of what you said, Major. You told us they were using humans and you knew Sentinel was the key."

"But still, maybe you were right about me being a little obsessive about this." Braedey said with a shrug.

Mearing and Braedey then walked over to see the news. "It's been a remarkable series of events today at the Capitol. Just moments ago, legislation was passed to exile the Autobots from American shores. The US military alliance with them is officially over."

Mearing then got a call and walks off as Braedey just stared at the TV in shock. "You gotta be kidding me. They can't do this. Please, Director, tell me that this is a joke." Braedey said at Mearing.

Mearing turns off her phone. "Okay, it's official. It's a go, people!"

"Director, the Autobots are our allies. Our friends! We can't just send them away like this!" Braedey demanded.

"And where are we now?" Mearing said back to him. "Facing an enemy invasion with an enemy that has the means to deploy countless more." That left Braedey at a crossroads.

~*~*~

After having been flown out of Washington to go forth to cape Canaveral in Florida, Braedey walked down the steps of the plane and he saw the Autobots' ship the Xanthium connected to a Space Shuttle on the launchpad.

"It's name is the Xanthium

"It's name is the Xanthium." Mearing said to the brunette. "It brought the second wave of Autobots. And it's been under NASA's care and study ever since. We've linked it with a decommissioned shuttle, to maintain military control until they're gone."

"I know what it is." Braedey grunted bluntly.

"Gonna be 10,000 pounds of torque on that itsy-bitsy bolt, not 19!" Leadfoot stated as he and the Wreckers walked along the space shuttle crawler.