Chapter 2

Ishpreet Kaur

"Get up you lazy ass!" I pushed Roop off the bed.

"What's your fucking deal?! I'm the one who's supposed to push you out of bed!" She yawned.

"They're coming over for lunch and dinner!" I sighed exasperatedly.

"Who?" She asked, sitting up. Damn this girl!

"Him and his family" I glared at her. "Why would I be worried if it was someone else?" She shrugged.

"We need to get an outfit out for you! You need to look the prettiest. He needs to see what he missed out on" She jumped up and ran towards my closet.

"If I'm forced to marry him, I'm gonna kill him then myself" I groaned. She laughed and took our suits out.

"This guy is better than that one guy you broke up with twice in the span of six days" We both went quiet before laughing.

"Damn that guy was full of shit" I snickered.

"Remember when you told me that he works at McDonald's?" I nodded and again cue the laughter.

We both took turns showering before going downstairs for breakfast.

"Nanu, can we talk?" He smiled and nodded. I sat down next to him on the couch and rested my head on his shoulder like I did when I was younger.

"Nanu, I don't want to marry Navraj" I sighed.

"Kyun Nahi puttar?" He asked. I'm not about to tell my nanu about my past with their potential parahuna.

"Nanu, we're just not compatible." I shrugged.

"Ishu listen to me, he is a very good man and will take good care of you. And I'm not saying to say yes to get married right away" he smiled.

I know my nanu. He wants me to get married to Navraj. If it was anyone else I would've said no, but when it comes to Nanu, there are no compromises.

"Do you want me to marry him?" I hesitantly asked.

"I only want you to be happy" he hugged me tightly.

"If it makes you happy, I'll marry him" I softly smiled. He smiled and kissed my temple.

"Now, let's go eat. Your Massard ji is making your and my favorite." He grinned.

I never want to see this smile wiped off his face. My nanu means everything to me.

● ● ●

Roop helped me do some light makeup and we both got dressed.

She wore a black hoodie with leggings and I wore a red and light grey suit.