Chapter 38

3rd Person

Today's the day. He is unable to believe he's marrying the love of his life in just a few hours. It feels like yesterday that he met her and fell in love.

"You ready?" Divraj asked.

"Yeah" Manraj took a deep breath. They all walked downstairs where the sera bandi will happen.

💖💖💖

Finally, it's time for the baarat.

Navraj and Divraj helped Manraj onto the horse while everyone danced.

"Main nikla, o gaddi like
O raste par, o sadak mein

Ek mod aaya, main utthe dil chhod aaya
Rab jaane,kab guzra,amritsar,o kab jaane
Lahore aaya, main utthe dil chhod aaya

Ek mod aaya, main utthe dil chhod aaya"

After many more songs and dances, they reached the gurdwara.

Time to get married.

❤❤❤

Kiran had just finished getting ready.

Her red lengha made her look redder than ever.

All of her bridesmaids, which included her sister and best friends entered the room. They're clad in pink shararas.

"Kiran is going away today." Her sisters started crying. Kiran slapped their heads.

"Do you want to ruin my makeup?" She asked. They giggled and wiped their tears. Isha sat down on the bed. She was on the verge of crying.

She was about to cry when her brothers and the rest of the family entered the room. Her brothers are clad in purple sherwanis.

"Kiran, it'll be okay" Preet and Lovely hugged their sister.

"My idiot sister is looking like a fairy." Harman almost cried.

"No crying guys. Save your tears for the vidai." Kiran tried stopping her brother from crying but ended up crying herself.

All of the siblings gathered in a hug and Isha nonstop cried in Harman's arms.

"Guys do you want me to tell Manraj that his family is crying?" Isha threatened since she was also crying.

They all stopped crying when a gyani ji yelled at them for being loud.

"My baby. You never need to worry about a thing if you have Manraj by your side" Her grandmother kissed Kiran's forehead.

"Kiran, we love you."

After all of the family left the room, Isha was alone.

💖💖💖

Meanwhile, Manraj's ribbon-cutting was going on.

He is clad in a white sherwani.

"Jiju, if you want to marry my di we need $50,000 in cash no checks," Preet said.

Harman slapped her upside the head. "Stupid, if di finds out you're robbing her to be husband, she'll skin you" he whisper-yelled.

Preet continued arguing with her brothers until she noticed that Manraj put the money on the tray.

"That's not enough. We want one of the groomsmen to do 30 push-ups" Lovely smirked. Manraj glanced over at Navraj.

"Karma's a bitch"