Chapter 36

Ishpreet Kaur

I ran to the toilet to puke my guts out for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

Fitte moo tere Navraj

That Bandar has been making love to me every single night since Simar's game. Which means 2 weeks!

I think I'm pregnant.

I walked out of the house and to my car before driving to CVS.

I grabbed some Clearblue pregnancy tests and paid before heading home.

I took about 4 tests and waited. I turned the TV on and put on Sanam Teri Kasam. It's my absolute favorite movie. What's not to like about it? It's just a bit too sad.

10 minutes later I went into the bathroom to check the results.

Positive. They're all positive.

A son escaped my mouth. I'm going to be a mom. I'm gonna be a Mumma. Navi's gonna be a papa. We're gonna be parents. My siblings will be Mamu's, Massi's, and bhua. My family is getting bigger.

I placed a hand on my stomach. My little Saaru or Sukha.

That's it! If the baby's a girl, her name will be Saarpreet so I can call her Saaru. If the baby's a boy his name will be Sukhraj so I can call him Sukha!

♡♡♡

"Your kidding?!" Bailee screamed through the phone. "I'm gonna be an auntie!"

"This is so exciting!" Naomi exclaimed. "Did you tell Navraj yet?" she asked.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! YOUR PREGNANT AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME?!" Phabi shouted.

"I'll call you guys later," I said before hanging up.

"AHH! I'm so happy for you!" She jumped to hug me. I grinned.

"So only I know?" She asked. I nodded.

"And Bailee and Naomi" I added chuckling. "No one else needs to know yet" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Yeah, yeah" She scoffed before pulling me onto the bed and bombarding me with questions.

♡♡♡

"Isha! I'm home!"

I walked down the steps with one of the pregnancy tests behind my back.

He pecked my lips before moving into the kitchen.

"Listen, Navi, I need to tell you something" He looked at me and nodded, indicating for me to say it.

I placed his hand on my stomach and showed him the test.

"What...what are you trying to say?" He choked on his water.

"I'm trying to say that in 9 months, you'll be a papa!" I grinned. His face fell.

"You're kidding right?" He deadpanned. I shook my head no as tears pooled in my eyes.

"Isha, what if I'm not a good father? What if something happens to you during the pregnancy or the delivery? I'm sorry, Isha. I can't gain something by losing you."

I pushed him out of the way before running for our -I mean my room- and locking the door. I slipped onto the floor next to the bed sobbing.

How could he even think that? How could he think he won't be a good father? I've seen him around kids. I've seen how much he loved them. I've seen how gentle and loving he is. It's his fault that he doesn't see it.

I eventually dozed off with my face still gross and sticky.

♡♡♡

"Ugh, where am I?" I got up and the events of earlier flood back. Throwing all of my thoughts into the trash, I walked out to see Navi's tear-stained face as he rested on the wall across from the bedroom door.

His eyes slowly opened. As soon as he got up I went back into the room and shut the door, but before I could, he put his foot in front of the door and pushed his way in.

"Get out of my house!" I shouted pointing at the door. If he doesn't want this baby, he can leave. "I said, get your stuff and leave!" I raised my voice even more.

"Alright" I shut my eyes, expecting him to leave.

"PUT ME DOWN" My eyes flew wide open when he threw me over his shoulder. I beat his face with my fists. When we reached the first floor, he threw me onto the couch and hovered on top of me.

"I said to get your stuff and leave!" I growled.

"I did" He smirked.

"What do you mean?"

"You and our baby," He said as he pressed kisses all over my face. He pulled away and looked straight into my eyes. "I do want this baby. I was just afraid that I'm going to mess up, but then I realized that if I do mess up, you'll be there to guide me. We'll be there to guide each other. After all, this is our baby"

I breathed a laugh before capturing his lips in the most passionate and loving kiss. When we pulled away, we were both panting as we laughed.

"I already have our baby's name picked out" I grinned.

"Acha, what is it?"

"If the baby's a girl, her name will be Saarpreet so we can call her Saaru. If the baby's a boy his name will be Sukhraj."

"I love it" He kissed my forehead. "No matter how mad I am, no matter how bad of a day I'm having, I'll always do my very best to be there for you and our kids." He softly smiled. I bit my lip and smiled.

He lowered his face and his lips landed on mine.

God, I love this man so much it hurts. He's already such a great brother, son, uncle, and husband. I just know that our kids will be blessed to have him as their father.

"You know who I aspire to be like?" He asked me. I raised my eyebrows with a questioning look. "Your father." My eyes slightly widened before my face melted into a soft smile. "And he could only have been the man he is with your mom by his side." I smiled and snuggled closer to him.

This is why I fell in love with him. The first time we met, he took my breath away by simply playing with Simar and Manan. He build his house in my brain when he became friends with papa. He settled down in my heart when our eyes locked for the first time. And here we are, 15 years later I'm carrying his baby. Our baby. I wouldn't trade it in for the world.

I looked to my left only to see him sleeping as he held me. I smiled and dozed off to dreamland.