Chapter 9

Ishpreet Kaur

"Come out, I wanna take you somewhere," he said before hanging up.

Where does this idiot want to take me now? Does he want to kill me? Oh, there's no way in hell that I'm going. Who knows, he'll kill me and dig my grave and bury me? Na Ji na. I'm not going.

"Aja hun! Navraj is being annoying" Roop barged into my room.

"You can tell him I'm not going. Only God knows what he'll do to me. He could kill me!" I exclaimed. She narrowed her eyes at me. If looks could kill, I'd be long gone.

"Fine, I'll go" I groaned. She grinned and got a dress out for me.

I slipped the dress on along with a pair of earrings and a necklace. I glanced at my left hand where the ring was. The ring he slipped onto my finger.

It was Navraj's turn to place the ring on my finger.

Before he could grab my hand, all of my bridesmaids and a few of my female cousins mixed their hands in with mine so he could guess which one was mine. To my surprise, he automatically found which hand was mine.

He slipped on the ring and caressed my hand. Before letting go, he pecked my hand.

"Isha!" Roop snapped me back to reality. "Where are you lost?" She asked. I smiled and shook my head. "Chalo phir!" I glared at her and we walked downstairs.

"Hi" he smiled at me. I said hi and glanced out the window. Roop, Reet, and Avleen looked at each other before singing.

"Dulhe ka sehra suhana lagta hai Dulhan ka to dil diwan lagta"

Arsh, Simar, and Manan broke down laughing. I glared at them and Navraj chuckled.

I'll break his damn teeth

"Jija Ji, how is our sister looking?" Roop asked.

"Like the most beautiful girl in the world," he said.

Excuse me?

Arsh cleared his throat and broke Navraj out of his trance. Navraj scratched his neck and nervously chuckled.

That's what you get, I smirked. My idiot sisters began singing a stupid love song and I was done. I groaned and pulled Navraj's arm out of the house.

Thank god only we were home

My dufus siblings followed us outside.

My siblings were so shocked when they saw Navraj's car, that it was like their jaws were touching the ground. I laughed while Navraj chuckled at their antics.

"Jija Ji...is this your car?" Roop weirdly asked. Navraj chuckled and nodded. "You and I are gonna talk. For now, go" Roop glared at me. I frantically nodded and sat in the car.

I'm dead.

I waved at everyone as we drove off.

"HURT HER AND WE'LL KILL YOU" Arsh screamed. I burst out into fits of laughter while Navraj nervously chuckled.

"Aavein Face To Face Tainu Bol Devan
Gallan Dil Diyan Tere Moohre Khol Devan" Navraj sang. I started giggling but soon it turned into laughter.

"What happened?" he asked, chuckling. I looked at him and smile.

"Can I say something?" He nodded. "I've never heard such bad singing" I laughed. He chuckled and continued singing.

We arrived after 15 minutes.

I was amazed when she saw a picnic. I ran and sat on the blanket. I can't believe he did this for me. I looked back at him and patted the blanket and he walked over and sat down.