Chapter 43

Navraj Singh

Today's been very boring so far. And when I say boring, I mean boring as fuck.

Isha's 8 months in so I can't do much with her. Divi has worked. Manny is on his fucking honeymoon. Phabi is busy taking care of the kids. GG is with AP. I'm fucking lonely right now. Arsh and Manan are at school. Simar is at basketball practice. And I'm lonely as fuck right now.

I finally called my last resort.

"Wanna do something today?" I asked my uncle-in-law.

"Depends on what we're doing?" He chuckled.

"Fixing up the nursery," I suggested.

"I'll be over in 20."

And that my friend is being like your mamu-in-law's son. It certainly has its perks.

"Who were you talking to?" I turned around to see my beloved wife narrowing her eyes at me.

"It was mamu. We're going to finish the nursery." It's not a lie. I just hid the entire truth from her.

"Isha! Where's the baj?!" I shouted from the bathroom as I smoothed out my dumala.

"It's in the first drawer!" She yelled from the hallway.

How does she always know where my shit is kept?

I fixed my dumala before walking downstairs where mamu was laughing along with my parents.

"Ready to get our work on?" Mamu asked to which I chuckled and nodded.

"Can I help?" Isha excitedly asked.

"You should be resting kid." Mamu chuckled.

"Fine." She grumbled before her face lit up again. "Can I at least watch?" I glanced at mamu who chuckled.

❤❤❤

"How annoying has she been?" Mamu asked.

"It's not bad. She gets upset here and there." I sighed. "I just can't believe I'm going to be a fucking father."

"Don't worry kid. You'll be fine. I raised 2 kids. I know you'll do great." He patted my back.

It's just the fear of not being a good father that's killing me.

Will I be able to do it?

❤❤❤

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been acting oddly all day." Isha asked me as I drove us to the gurudwara.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I lied.

I'm not okay at all.

We walked into the Diwan Hall and did matha take.

Sache patsha, guide me. Help me through this.

As Isha went to get parshad, I walked over to Granthi Ji.

Our families have known Granthi Ji for 4 generations.

"Congratulations Navraj. You are receiving the world's best blessing." Granthi Ji smiled my way.

"Granthi Ji, I'm afraid..." I trailed off.

"Afraid of what? Being a father?" I hesitantly nodded. "I was also afraid. But, you must know, that no one is ever ready. When you will be holding your baby, it will be the best feeling of your life."