Chapter 22

Ishpreet Kaur

"Where are Mummy and Daddy?" I asked. "I haven't seen them in forever" He sat us down and kissed my hands.

"Apparently they went to Darbar Sahib for two reasons. One is for our wedding and two is to ask for brains for all of us" I fell to the ground laughing.

"Sounds like something my mom would say" I wheezed. He rolled his eyes.

"So when are they coming back?" I asked when I calmed down.

"Next week. They had to go see a few relatives" I nodded.

Relatives. Family.

Waheguru ji blessed me with 3 amazing brothers, 3 amazing sisters, amazing grandparents, awesome aunts and uncles, the world's best parents and in-laws. And most importantly, he blessed me with an amazing husband. I can't even imagine how horrible my life would've been without him.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"For what?" He asked kissing my temple.

"You saved me when no one else could. You took care of me. You loved me" I paused. "You're kinder than any person I've met"

"You never have to thank me. It was my duty to save you. You were, are, and will forever be my everything" he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

We spent the rest of our afternoon cuddling on the couch.

It was about 3 pm when I felt a pillow hit my head. I turned around to see Manny smirking at me.

Yeah...turns out we had a full-blown pillow fight. It's safe to say we're crazy.

"Will you idiots stop?! Mummy and daddy will be home in an hour and you aren't even ready yet!" She exclaimed. That's what I was forgetting!

I pushed the guys out of way and ran into the bathroom.

After an hour, we were all ready and so was the food. The doorbell rang and Navi went to open the door.

"Welcome home!" Phabi and I exclaimed. Mummy and Daddy hugged the two of us while Manny and Navi dragged their luggage in.

"What's in here? Bricks?" Manny asked.

"There are clothes. The relatives sent clothes for my girls." Daddy smirked. "Sorry boys, there is nothing in there for you"

"Rude" Divi Paji mumbled. Phabi and I fell to the ground laughing.

As we ate, I noticed Phabi becoming a little lightheaded. I looked away for a second before hearing Manny shriek. I turned to look at Phabi. She collapsed right on the chair.

"Paji, take phabi upstairs to our room and Manny get a cold towel," I explained. Navi and paji carried phabi up the stairs and to her room.

Paji lay on the bed while I checked her temperature and pulse. Her vitals are normal and her temperature is perfect.

Maybe she's...OMG! Phabi's pregnant! I'm going to be a Chachi again! I glanced at Divi paji who looked like he knew nothing. Does Phabi even know she's pregnant? Mummy and I glanced at each other knowingly.

Five minutes later, when Phabi woke up, Mummy and I pushed the guys out of the room.

"Are you pregnant?"

"Is it a girl or boy?"

"Why didn't you tell us?!"

"How far in are you?" Mummy bombarded Phabi with a shit ton of questions.

"Mummy, let her breath" I laughed

"3 weeks" Mummy and I both squealed. "Divi doesn't know yet though"

The three of us hugged before walking outside.

"Umm...Kirt, Leena, baby, come here" they all looked up at phabi and the girls walked over. "Babies do you want a sister or a brother" Phabi smiled. All of their eyes widened.

"I want a brother. Sisters are yucky" they all started smiling. Navi was staring at me trying to hide back a smile.

"I'm gonna be a chacha!" Manny was screaming.

"And I'm gonna be a dadu" daddy added and they hugged each other.

"Really?" Divi paji asked slightly shocked.

"Yeah, you dufus" Phabi laughed. I can't wait for this moment to happen with my and Navi. I smiled at the thought.

Divi Paji didn't say anything more. I could see that worrying Phabi.

"Divi please... say something" she cried. So help me if he doesn't say something I'll break his teeth.

He got up and threw her in the air and spoke "thank you... thank you so much..."

"Oh, hello. There are kids here" Manny interrupted their kiss. Phabi glared at him and everyone started laughing.

"Let's go guys. Phabi needs rest. Paji, take her to the hospital tomorrow" I ordered. Paji nodded.

We all sat down and continued eating our lunch. Today's definitely been something.

● ● ●

"Yes, Navraj?" I asked. He's been giving me the puppy dog eyes for the past half hour and not telling me what he wants.

"Can we have a baby?" My eyes widened. This idiot wants to have a baby! I mean, I do too but not yet!

"Why do you want to have a baby?" I asked.

"They're cute and everyone in our family has one I want too" he pouted.

"Just because everyone has one does not mean you need 1. We both need to mature before we take such a responsibility" I exclaimed.

"Please! Pretty please!" He pleaded.

"NO!" I exclaimed.

"That's not fair! Everyone younger than me and they're already having a baby!" He whined.

"Go blame their husbands for that. They got their wives pregnant" I retorted.

"You're so mean" he grumbled. "Can I put a baby in you?" He cheekily grinned.

"No!" I shouted. Does he even know what he's saying? "Why do you even want a baby so bad?" I softly asked.

"I miss the thrill of holding a newborn in my arms and cradling them like to tomorrow. I want to be the best dad in the world" I smiled at his emotions.

Damn, I can't wait to have kids with this buddhu.

"I love you" I whispered, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you" he kissed my temple.

Maybe, we will make great parents. I know he'll make a great dad. He already is the best husband in the world...

 He already is the best husband in the world