Chapter 17

Ishpreet Kaur

"You're home!" Phabi engulfed me in the tightest hug I've ever been in. "It's been so long!" she exclaimed pulling away. I gasped for breath.

"It hasn't been that long" I awkwardly chuckled.

"Chachi!" I turned around to see Kirt and Gurleen running towards me. I bent down and picked them both up.

"Hi babies" I kissed their cheeks. #ChachiGoals!

"Chachi, can we play with Simar and Manan chachu?" Kirt asked. Chachu's?

"The girls have been insisting to play with Simar and Manan. They've been saying it since you left" Divi paji sighed.

"Why don't we go to gurdwara?" Navraj suggested "The boys will be there" The girl's faces lit up.

● ● ●

As we drove to the gurdwara, he had some romantic songs playing as he sang along. I glanced at him and softly smiled.

Maybe I should give him a chance. He's trying his best. Whoa, am I falling for him?

I sighed and shook my thoughts away as he pulled into the gurdwara. I fixed my chunni and walked out of the car.

We walked in together and did matha take.

Waheguru ji, guide me please, I don't know what I should do. Should I forgive him? Should I give him a chance?

We walked downstairs to the langar hall where my siblings were standing in a corner. We greeted my siblings. I noticed him grinning as he talked to Arsh. He has such a beautiful smile.

I pulled Roop and Reva into the hall where I almost broke down.

"Wow, what happened?" Roop asked. I leaned my head against the wall and sighed.

"I think I should forgive him" I sighed.

"I've been telling you that for months!" Roop exclaimed, exasperated. "Rather they alone are called husband and wife, who have one soul in two bodies..." I glanced over at her. "Did you ask Waheguru ji for a sign?" She asked to which I nodded. "That's it! Waheguru ji listened to you! Baba ji gave you a sign!"

I never thought she could be so sensible.

"You're right Roop! Now, we wait for another sign!" Reva grinned. I sighed and slipped onto the ground.

"I miss it" I croaked. "I miss the thrill of waiting for him. Loving him. Asking random people his real name. Talking about him 24-7" Roop grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

We walked back into the langar hall and grabbed our plates before sitting down to eat.

I looked up to see Navraj missing.

"I'll be right back," I told Roop before getting up and going to the secret hallway.

"How could you do this to me? After everything I've done for you?" I heard a feminine voice say.

"You're married with three kids. I never even loved you." That sounds like...my husband.

"But I only care about you" I peeked my head into the hall to see her rubbing her finger against his cheek and him fighting it off.

I can't believe it. He was never done with her. He never actually broke up with her. But she's the mother of three kids. How could she cheat them like that?

"How could you?!" I exclaimed almost breaking down. And to think, I wanted to forgive him. I'm so stupid.

"Isha listen" he called out for me as I ran up the stairs and outside.