Chapter 10

Ishpreet Kaur

Today's the day Reva gets here and I'm pretty terrified. I just hope she doesn't kill Navraj. That's my job.

Eh, they'll be fine. No one can be worse with Navraj than Bailee and Roop.

"Isha, let's go!" I grabbed my bags and keys before running downstairs to where Roop and Naomi were pacing around the hall.

"Let's go before she kills us" We ran out to my car and sped to the airport. We're, as always, late.

We reached the airport a half-hour later only to find Revs by the main gate. She looks mad. Really mad.

"Where the hell were you?" She asked, literally screaming.

"Traffic" Roop and I lied at the same time. Arsh better not rat us out. And if he does, he'll have to deal with a very pissed of Isha. The Isha that worse than I hate Navraj Isha.

"Revs, meet Noami. My best friend" I grinned as I introduced them. Bailee said that she would meet us at my house after we picked Reva up so we could go shopping.

"It's so nice to finally meet you" Noami smiled.

● ● ●

"Bailee, try this on" Noami and I have been having a silent war for 3 hours. Since I did my wedding shopping long before, it's Bailee's turn. Let's just say Noami and I are NOT able to find the right lengha for her.

We selected an outfit for the akand path, mehndi, and haldi. Now we just need to select the Sangeet and wedding lengha.

"Bailee, try this on" Roop handed Bailee a lengha and she nodded before going into the fitting room.

"This is final" Noami sang as soon as Bailee stepped out of the fitting room.

"Now try this on" I handed her another lengha. She groaned and stomped back into the fitting room.

"This is it!" I squealed. She laughed and nodded.

"That was definitely something" Bailee sighed as we paid. "Remind me to never go INDIAN shopping with you guys again." Naomi, Roop, and I laughed.

We had dropped Reva at home because she was exhausted after a 14-hour flight from India to New York.

We had almost reached home when my music stopped playing and my phone started ringing.

Seerat phabi? Eh, probably wants to gossip.

"Hey phabs" I answered the call.

"My husband's an asshole" I could hear her crying. I looked at the girls who looked at me and I quickly pulled up into my driveway.

"What did Divi paji do now?" I asked defeated. They fight a lot, but in the end, they can't live without each other. Phabi and paji also had an arranged marriage, but they fell in love soon after, and then came Gurkirt.

"He...he let girls flirt with him and he flirts back to them. When I got angry he told me I'm jealous and... and he hasn't kissed me in 3 days" she sobbed. Aww, poor thing. Param Bhaiya will now face Isha's wrath.

"Don't worry. Should I come over?" I asked.

"Please can you... I'm lonely... I miss my husband" she cried harder.

"Ok phabs, I'm coming," I said and she hung up. The girls exited the car before I hit the gas and drove off.

The drive there took about 10 minutes. It wasn't that bad because of my music and me just going crazy.

I rang the doorbell and a crying Seerat phabi opened it. I pulled her into a hug and let her cry on my shoulder.

I sat her down on the couch and she blew her nose in a tissue.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"We were at a dinner and some girls came to us and started asking Divi for selfies and autographs and he didn't say no. I couldn't do anything. When I said something when we got home, he called me selfish and jealous. My dumbass snapped at him and we haven't talked since" she explained. I handed her a few more tissues.

"Hey, guys-" Navraj cut himself off. "Why are you crying phabi?" He asked. "Did my dumbass brother do something?" He sighed. Phabi nodded sobbing more. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

Here we go again

"Say what, stop crying and ignore him" he suggested. She nodded and wiped her tears.

Finally, some decent advice from him

We started looking online for my and Navraj's wedding outfits and my jewelry.

We were just chilling when Divi paji walked in. He was just walking when he noticed me.

"Hey Isha" he tried to hug me.

Ok Isha, angry time.

I punched him in the face. His face literally landed on the side and I heard phabi gasp and Navraj and Mannyq laugh.

"This is for making my phabs cry and not giving her any kisses for 3 days" I pointed my finger at him.

"I've never been on Isha's hit list for the 15 years I've known her" he chuckled.

Phabs came up to us and whispered "thanks" to me.

"You should warn Navraj. If he ever gets Isha mad, which he's been doing for years, he will get beat up so badly ke don't even ask" Manraj joked. We all started laughing and my job here is done.

We ate dinner and played Monopoly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let those girls flirt with me and I shouldn't have gone along with it" Paji apologized to phabs.

She forgave him and pecked his lips. My cue to leave.

I got up to leave when I heard Navraj call my name. He got up and walked up to me.

"Thanks" his fingers grazed my cheeks.

"For what?" I breathlessly asked.

"Helping those two." He chuckled "We're really lucky to have you"

"You two better not start kissing now," Manny said, his eyes fixed on his phone.

● ● ●

"Is she okay?" Roop asked when I got home. I nodded and headed straight for my room.

We're lucky to have you

"Roop I'm scared" I croaked.

"Of what?" She asked, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Of falling in love and getting hurt again," I said as a tear managed to escape my eye.

"Isha, time will tell everything"