Bonus Chapter

Before the babies

3rd Person

Isha opened her eyes to see Navi sleeping on her chest, shirtless. She blushed at the scene.

"Good morning" She whispered.

"Morning" he grumbled. 

He's always so grumpy. He hasn't left my side since I came back. He's always there when I need him.

"Happy birthday bugad" he kissed her lips.

It's my birthday? Oh well. It's definitely a strange one.

"Why aren't you happy?" he asked. She masked her emotions and put on a smile.

"I'm not sad. I'm happy that I have you by my side this birthday"

"I know when my bugad is sad. Now, tell me, why are you upset?" He spooned her.

"It's just, every birthday I've celebrated has never been like this. I've never been in love with someone. I've never spent a birthday without Mumma and papa. I've always been happy on this day. I'm happy this year also, but I'm not happy because you're not happy"

"Who told you that I'm not happy?" He asked.

"I can tell by the look on your face. I know you miss your Nani. She passed away ten years ago today"

"How do you know about Nani?" He asked.

"Manny told me" Isha sighed.

"Okay. But for now, can we enjoy your birthday?" He sighed to which she nodded.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Manny, Divi, Seerat, Mom, Dad, and the girls entered their bedroom.

"Thanks, guys" Isha smiled.

"So, how does it feel to be 26?" Divi teasingly asked.

"I feel happy" she genuinely smiled. She glanced at Navraj who had his eyes locked on her. 

"Woah, you're married to oldy over here and you're happy. He's like 5 years older than you" Manny let out a fake gasp.

"Your age is just a number. I love Navi no matter what his age may be" Isha replied.

"Aww. That's my best friend for you," Seerat stuck her tongue out at the guys.

"Yeah sure. Your best friend is married to the businessman who everyone drools over. The gay dudes at work can't even look at him without flirting" Divi rolled his eyes.

"Oh fuck off" Navi threw a pillow at his head.

"You too" Divi smirked. Isha giggled at their childish antics before hopping out of bed.

"I'll be down in 15 minutes to make breakfast" Isha announced.

"No!" Navi exclaimed. "Everyone else will do that. It's your birthday and you're not even perfectly fine"

"But I always do work. I love helping" she whined.

"Do you want me to call your Mumma?" Mom raised her eyebrow. Isha gasped at the threat.

"Okay fine" she groaned. Mom smiled and kissed her forehead. 

"I always win" Navi smirked.

Isha groaned before marching into the bathroom.

● ● ●

"Aww, thanks Phabi" Isha pouted as she saw a fully decorated breakfast table with all her favorite foods.