Chapter 32

Ishpreet Kaur

"Isha, don't you think you're overreacting?" Roop sighed.

"What would you do if GG's dadi called three months after your wedding just for her to say she has another proposal for him? How would you react?" I shouted, about to have a mental breakdown.

"I'd probably react worse than you did." She sighed. "But, even when you blocked him, he tried reaching out to you via email. Which means he wants to fix things."

"Tell him to fix his dadi first," I grumbled.

"Look, Isha, I haven't known you or Navi for long, but I do know that you both love each other more than life." GG softly smiled. I sighed.

"But Guri, a potato, no matter what you do with it, stays a potato." I wiped away the lone tear that had escaped my eye.

"Isha! Come down here right now!" I slumped off my bed and walked down the stairs as if I were a sloth.

"What am I hearing? Did you leave your house because of a fight?" Mumma shouted. I nodded, looking at the ground.

"Isha, come to my office." Papa sighed. I nodded once again before following him.

I crumpled in my father's office. I was not able to control my sobs.

"What's the matter? Did he do anything?" I shook my head. "Then why are you so upset?" I shrugged as I shook my head.

I explained the entire situation to him as he sighed the entire time.

"Isha, you're not going anywhere until I talk to his father. I understand that this is a misunderstanding, but I don't need you hurt again." He said after taking a long and deep breath. I nodded before tossing myself into his arms.

"I undeniably love him," I cried as my lip trembled.

"I know you do" he kissed my temple before we walked out of the office. I walked over to my room and opened my computer to read his email.

Dear Jaana,

I never thought our first fight as a couple would end up like this. I want you to know I love you. You're all I want and I need you right now, though you might not need me. Just know, I'll always be here for you...

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and unblocked him before texting him.

I: Take me home?

Not even a second later, my phone beeped with a reply.

N: I'm right outside.

I looked out my window to see him leaning against the bonnet of his Astin Martin. A grin crept upon my face.

"You can go see your man." I looked up to see Simar leaning against the doorframe. "I'm not having my sister and that idiot fighting a day before my first game." He smirked. I rolled my eyes before hugging him.

"No wonder you're my favorite brother!" He rolled his eyes before letting go of me. I sprinted down the stairs and out the door. I didn't even give him the chance to speak before jumping into his arms.

"It hasn't even been a full day and you emailed me at least 50 times," I whispered, not letting go of him.

"What can I say, your backyard has amazing internet." He chuckled. I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"How long have you been here?" I asked him. He looks exhausted.

"Not long." He said before I locked my arms around his neck once again. "Let's go somewhere." He stated. I slowly nodded smiling.

This is going to sound very cliche, but my home is in his arms.

"We should go home. I was so rude, and I want to apologize, to everyone." I sighed.

"We can go home later. For now, I need you all to myself." He buried his head in my neck.

"CUT THE ROMANCE ON THE DRIVEWAY!" Roop shouted.

"IMMA WRITE A SONG ON YOU TWO!" GG laughed.

"You never wrote a song about me!" Roop glared at him. Before anything else could happen, we slipped away.

❤❤❤

"Where are you taking me?" I impatiently asked. He strictly said I must wear a dress and then blindfolded me. This is not ideal.

"Relax buggad." He chuckled.

"Navraj, I swear I'm going to kill you!" I gritted my back molars.

"Enna gussa?" He cutely asked

Ugh! He knows I can't resist when he says that. 

I felt the car come to an abrupt stop and the car door open. Before I could ask questions, I was scooped up into his arms. I bit my lip to control my blush. 

"Na Ji Na. That's my job." I can sense the smirk on his face. I chuckled and slapped his chest. "Ow, that hurt." He joked. I rolled my eyes through the blindfold. 

He set me down before removing the blindfold. 

I was amazed when I saw a candlelight dinner by the ocean. I ran and stood by the table.

Did he go through this much trouble, just for me? I'm so lucky.

I patted the chair and he walked over and sat down.

"Like it?" He asked to which I shook my head. His smile turned into a frown.

Of course, I noticed and giggled "I love it!" His frown turned into a grin. We ate in comfortable silence until he spoke.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I grinned and nodded. He got up and reached his hand out for me to grab, which I did.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked and I nodded. "What was your first reaction to meeting me?" He hesitantly asked while I laughed. 

"I hated you. I thought you used to hit Simar, but that wasn't true. After the first time we talked, I just fell for you." I  softly smiled. He looked down at me before leaving a gentle peck on my lips. 

"Last question, wanna get pregnant during or after residency?" He laughed. I rolled my eyes laughing. 

"During." I honestly replied. He grinned and kissed me once again. 

❤❤❤

After an amazing night, he took me back home. I hesitantly rang the doorbell for Manny to open the door. 

"I missed you kid." He smiled before hugging me. 

"Move it, Manny!" Phabi pushed him aside before pulling me into a tight embrace. 

After apologizing to everyone, and a long group hug, Navi's dadi walked down the stairs.

"This is your wife?" She asked, looking me up and down. Navi snaked his arm around my waist and curtly nodded. "You could have done better." She said before returning up the stairs. Ouch, that hurt. 

"Don't listen to her, she just has a hurt ego." Daddy said. I softly smiled and nodded. 

I don't care about what the world thinks of me, I only care about what my family thinks of me...