Chapter 16

Ishpreet Kaur

"No! How do you expect me to stay without you for 4 days. No! You will not go and that's it!" He said for the thousandth time.

"I don't care. I'm going and that's final" I pointed my finger in his chest.

"Let her go Navi. She needs to go for pag phera." Mummy entered the room. Ahh, finally someone who loves me!

"Manny! Get in here" I yelled. Manny ran in and saluted at me. "Go get the car. You're taking me to my parents"

"Yes phabs" he ran out. I grabbed my suitcase and walked out.

"Isha wait! Don't go! If you go I'll be stuck between crazy people!" Navraj yelled as he followed me outside.

"No. Go to work. I'm going. Reva is still there. I need to check in on things" I sat in the car.

I waved Navraj bye and Manny drove off.

"So, you're actually going for 3 nights and 4 days?" Manny asked me. I nodded.

● ● ●

Manny pulled up to the driveway. I hopped out of the car and grabbed my suitcase from the trunk.

I rang the doorbell and the door was opened by Simar.

"ISHA!" he pulled me into a hug.

"Oye, monkey! I'm not going to die that you're hugging me like no tomorrow. I'm here for 4 days without your annoying jeha jiju" I slapped him upside the head.

"Di you're here!" Arsh also came and pulled me into a hug.

"What's up golu?" I teased.

"BANDRI!" he whined.

"Isha thank god you're here" Reva wrapped me into a hug.

Manny entered the house.

"Phabs, if Navi comes here and kidnaps you, don't blame me" he chuckled.

"Mumma" I hugged Mumma.

"How's my bacha been?" She asked.

"Annoyed, working, and fighting with Navraj. So I've been dandy" I joked.

"You've been married for a week. How can you already be fighting?" Mumma said down next to massi.

"When do they not fight?" Massi laughed.

It's already 7 so papa should be coming home soon. I went back into my old room and fell onto the bed. I lazily grabs my sketchpad from the side table and started sketching whatever I was thinking about in my mind.

"So you're thinking about jiju, ey?" Roop entered the room.

"You know me too well" I chuckled. "I'm thinking of ways I could kill him. Did you know that?"

"Of course I do. You're my little sister" she ruffled my hair. Reva laughed at our childish behavior.

"Oye. I'm older than you by 2 years" I snapped at her.

"Yeah sure," she scoffed. "By the way Massard ji's home," she informed me.

I jumped off the bed and ran downstairs. I saw Papa sitting on the couch next to Mumma. He was looking more stressed-out than ever.

"Hi, Papa" I hugged him.

"Hey princess. What are you doing here?" he asked.

"It's my pag phera" I shrugged. He chuckled and nodded.