Chapter 41

Ishpreet Kaur

I'm 1 month pregnant now. And according to Navi, I'm a pain in his ass. I threw a tantrum when he said that I am and he apologized. It was the funniest thing ever. That's not even the best part, the best part was that he had to do it in front of the entire family.

"Navi... I'm tired" I started huffing. According to the doctor, I have to walk a lot and Navi is being a pain in my ass making me do that.

He was about to speak until the phone rang.

"Yeah, Divi?" He asked as soon as he answered. "What? Ok. We'll be right there!" He just hung up.

"Navi, what happened?" I asked him after seeing him in a rush.

"Phabi's water broke and she is in a lot of pain. We have to go." I nodded and he helped me walk down the stairs.

❤❤❤

When we arrived at the hospital we saw the family.

"Mummy, how is she?" I asked.

"She is ok, Mansa is with her right now." I nodded. Navi made me sit down. I spent the time talking to Mummy and Dad.

It has been 4 hours since we have been sitting here.

We finally saw the doctor, who happens to be a family friend, step out.

"So?" Manny asked.

"Papa, what do want to name your granddaughter?" She asked.

Why does she do this?

"Gurbani!" Dad grinned. "I'M A DADU AGAIN" he cheered. We all laughed at his antics. Divi Paji stepped out of the room holding his daughter.

"Paji, she looks just like you!" Avni exclaimed. Paji smiled and nodded.

"Can we?" I asked and he handed me Gurbani.

"Hi, Chachi's princess. I'm the nice one, unlike your Roop bhua." I cooed.

"People, can we hold the baby? You're having your own soon anyway." Manan teased. My face felt red. I'm tired of this deja vu. We handed the babies over to my parents.

Seerat phabi's parents passed when she was just a kid so the kids don't have a Nani or nanu. I felt bad because my entire life only my Nani nanu loved me out of my grandparents. But I do know that my in-laws are both Nani nanu dadi and dadu to Gurkirt, Gurleen, and now Gurbani.

"Just a few more months until we can hold our baby." Navi chuckled before planting a kiss on my forehead.

❤❤❤

Today is the day Seerat Phabi and Divi Paji are bringing their daughter, Gurbaani home from the hospital.

Us siblings had decorated the house for them.

"Fix that banner Arsh! Help him, Manny!" I ordered. "Manan go get the ladoos! Simar! Where is Simar?!"

Since Navi wouldn't let me actually help, I was ordering people from the couch.

"Chill baby." Navi chuckled before claiming my lips.

"Chachi, when will Mumma and Papa be home with Baani?" Kirt walked up to me and asked.

The doorbell rang and Manny opened the door.

"Right now!" I kissed her temple before turning off the lights.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. The entire house is decorated in blue. There was a huge banner that read Gurbani.

"Awww." Phabi began to cry. By now, everyone was used to this because of the number of females in this family.