Chapter 23

Ishpreet Kaur

"Where is he?" I whispered to myself. I walked down the stairs to see Manny sleeping on the couch and the girls playing with dolls.

"Kirt, where's your chachu?" I asked.

"Outside" She pointed to the front door. I thanked her before walking outside. I looked around the yard to see absolutely nothing but flowers and trees.

"Oye, Navi, where are you?!" I groaned. He's such a lost cause. No joke. I walked over to the weeping willow and leaned against the trunk.

"Hi!" My beloved husband's head is currently upside down. Facing me. I'm about to scream.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I exclaimed. "If you fall, I won't take you to the hospital" I threatened.

"Ugh, just shut up and kiss me" He placed his lips on mine before I could even blink. Vadda aya spider-man.

"EWWW!" Navi fell out of the tree. I turned to see Roop holding a cake in her hand and gagging. "Jija, you're no spider-man, so please don't even try!" She exclaimed. I stifled my laughter.

"Shut up, Roop. You've got to admit that what just happened was hilarious." My brothers collapsed laughing.

"It was not funny. My butt hurts now" Navi pouted, rubbing his ass.

"Why don't you have Isha kiss your lousy ass better?" Manny laughed. Wasn't he just asleep on the couch?

"Oh fuck off dipshit" Navi rolled his eyes. I cracked up.

We all walked inside to hear the girls screaming.

"No! That's mine!" Kirt whined.

"Mine!" Leena screamed.

Ugh! These girls are just like Roop and me.

"GURKIRT KAUR! GURLEEN KAUR! AGAR TUSI LADNA BAND NAHI KITTA, THODE JUTTIYAN PENIAN HAI!" Phabi shouted.

That's much a mom diolgue. Mom, massi, and mami would say it to me and Roop all the time.

"Simar nu kal pe ke hatiyan ne" Roop laughed. Simar glared at her while the rest of us laugh.

"Tell me something new" I shook my head laughing.

"We do have something to tell you" Simar proudly grinned. What did this moron do?

"Ki kita hun?" I sighed.

"You'll be seeing your favorite brother on TV soon" He grinned.

"Meaning?" Navi asked. He doesn't understand simple English.

"I signed the contract" he smiled. Roop scrunched her nose at him.

"What contract?" She asked.

"You guys are such dufuses. I mean I've been recruited to play defense on the New York Knicks!" A shriek escaped my mouth.

MY BABY BROTHER IS ON THE NEW YORK KNICKS!

The house was loud. And I mean loud! Hugging was spread. The cheering was everywhere. Needless to say, my family is elated that my baby brother is following his dreams.

"Simi! You did it Bandar!" I pulled Simar into a bone-crushing hug.

"IMMA BE FAMOUS!" Roop exclaimed.

"Why would you be famous?" Manny asked, rolling his eyes. Great, now they're going to fight again. Just what we need. I missed this so much. I miss my family so much.

"What's all this screaming for?!" Divi paji ran down the stairs.

"Simar's going to play defense for the New York Knicks!" Reet exclaimed. Paji's jaw dropped.